When is the Mini 940 coming out ?

Point taken but I don't have any laws restricting blade length in my area.

I'm not sure how financially feasible it would be for BM to make another mini knife in the seemly never ending line. If so,Why NOT an XL 940 :)

The 810 Contego was close, and now it's discontinued. Oh how I love my knifeworks contego!

it should be called the 945. with 2.95 inch blade with 3.9 inch handle, regular size axis lock and thumb stud size with same thickness of blade as 940.

it should be called the 945. with 2.95 inch blade with 3.9 inch handle, regular size axis lock and thumb stud size with same thickness of blade as 940.

Could not agree more. That would make the perfect knife—especially in S90v and carbon fiber.

It’s probably the only thing that would get me to buy another folder.
+1 for CF and s90v or m390

This is the size i would like. Exactly the same dimensions as the 940 only shorter to fit 3" knife laws

I can see a mini 940 doing well. People seem to be under the idea that to make a mini 940 you would have to make it thinner. I don't think anyone has a problem with the thickness of the 940, just the length. Also this thread has people who don't get why having a shorter blade is a good thing. It doesn't matter what you think a good blade length is, if a law says nothing over a certain length you cant make your case for violating it based off of what you think the length of your edc blade ought to be. In my case, the length of the 940 blade disqualified it from being an edc.
+1 for this

Regular 940 is so smooth,fast that I do not understand point of making 940 auto but hey,some people will be happy with this model.Cheers!

Regular 940 is so smooth,fast that I do not understand point of making 940 auto but hey,some people will be happy with this model.Cheers!
I agree... Other than driving up cost, I don't understand the point of autos or even assisted, and I say that with owning 3 barrages (one of my favorite models). I can flip open any of my axis knives, either by thumbstud or retracting the axis bar and flipping, as fast as any auto or assisted I've touched....and can close them with much less effort. I get it... they're "cool" but unless there was a design I was absolutely in love with which I could not get in manual axis, I would not buy another.

If Benchmade has done any market research they would know a mini 940 would out sell a auto 940 ten times over
With knife laws alone never mind popularity of a mini 940
That’s kind of what I thought when the auto was released.

A mini 940 would be cool/fun. I recently bought the mini bugout which is a great small knife.

The key attraction of 940 is to have a long blade in a super slim footprint. For a shorter version , there are many other choice.

The key attraction of 940 is to have a long blade in a super slim footprint. For a shorter version , there are many other choice.

The blade length of the Benchmade 940 is 3.4” which is not what I call “a long blade”. For a long blade I look at something closer to 4”. The reason people want a Benchmade 940 Mini is to have a blade length of 2.99” so that it’s legal to carry in some restrictive areas. Everything else about the 940 should remain in the 940 Mini: Reverse Tanto blade and the overall slim package. All that needs to be done is to reduce lengths by 12%. Easy peasy!

If Benchmade has done any market research they would know a mini 940 would out sell a auto 940 ten times over
With knife laws alone never mind popularity of a mini 940[/QUOTE]
+1 for this

Back