Where are you camping this year?

Jonny1280

Where’s the beer?
I'm always interested in hearing and seeing where everybody camps.
I'm good for two weekends outside Eugene, Or. at BeckerWest.
I'll usually take the family to camp a few days by Riffe Lake just outside Mossyrock, WA.
I'm seriously considering driving over to Yellowstone for a weeks vacation this Summer.
So what about you guys?...

My Photobucket isn't cooperating today, but I'll post a few pics later.

I usually try to get a trip or two in each year at Green Ridge State Forest in western MD. I'm also out several times a year at Jefferson Lake State Park near Richmond, OH with my LTWK buddies.

Most of my camping this year has been backpacking out of state, and then a few trips locally with the scouts.

I'm moving this summer, so I'm not sure where I'll be camping. I hear there is more camping there than here, which should be good news.

After retirement we bought a house close to our favorite camp ground 5 years ago, sold our camper and moved in. Its remote, 3/4 of a mile down a 1 lane gravel road deep in the hills and hollers of the Missouri Ozarks. We seem to have all of the benefits of camping plus AC, flush toilets, hot showers, refrigeration and a warm bed. Wildlife abounds where we live. I see deer and turkey daily with an occasional bobcat plus squirrels and all manner of critters.

We camped for 40+ years. Honestly we don't miss it at all.

I have always enjoyed the Sisters Oregon area. Used to like to camp in the Estacada area but too many issues with other people up there.

We are going back to Cumberland State Park in TN for some Spring time hiking and rappelling. Going to try and hit the AT Trail in north GA as well. In between, Talladega National Forest, Bankhead National Forest and Little River Canyon.

Every year, some buddies and I make it a point to venture out to the Firecamp Lakes outside a ways from Detroit, OR a couple times a year. We usually make it a 3-4 day adventure, packing in our gear, setting up base camp and then goofing off elsewhere. Whether it is hiking nearby Bear Peak, swimming in the lake, building log rafts, or cooking absurdly large hunks of meat over the fire, we always have a blast as we usually have the place to ourselves. However, as it is a pretty quick and mellow hike, the place has seemed to be getting more and more popular as of late, so we are looking into other possible locations this year.

If you Google Firecamp Lakes, this is the image that pops up, complete with the name, Fort Kickass. We actually dubbed this place Fort Kickass after going here a couple times and my brother-in-law ended up naming it in Google Maps. Inadvertently, the name stuck... We find it pretty amusing.

4Fi5Jav.png

Here are some pics I have taken from our adventures there. The first is one of me carving a large piece of meat with an equally absurd cutting implement. I brought it along because, well... Just because, why not?

OQnLoH7.jpg

Here is one of me, standing atop Bear Peak, with a much deserved snow cone.

j6nQDs4.jpg

These two pics are from a couple years ago, a thunderstorm was rolling in and it made for some spectacular pictures. These are unedited in any way, taken with my cell phone at the time.

WJT1lU0.jpg

BT7ELgn.jpg

Gotta have fire.

MhF4rKP.jpg

Awesome sunset shots, Padruig.

We usually go to a family campsite at Casini Ranch on the Russian River, but may not make it this year do to a conflict with my daughters' dance performance.:mad:

Also several days at an undisclosed location deep within the Tahoe National Forest.

With any luck we'll get to spend one night at a site near the beach again this year.

Really wanted to make another visit to the PNW, but I'll be half way there the weekend before (Easter with family in Redding) and for several reasons just won't be able to swing turning around and heading back up the following weekend.:grumpy:

Usually I go with my brothers to Algonquin park but this year we're going to Killarney Park......it's where The Group of Seven artists painted lots of the painting from. Needless to say its very beautiful and i'm excited to finally go there.

A lot of my camping this year will be at Lake Moomaw (it's a lot closer than any other spot I like), but I hope to go to Spruce Knob, Spruce Knob Lake, and Gandy Creek a few times too.

UMeGdLN.jpg

hqMxwRL.jpg

hascRX9.jpg

iWbod13.jpg

OBXsTny.jpg

I'm always interested in hearing and seeing where everybody camps.
I'm good for two weekends outside Eugene, Or. at BeckerWest.
I'll usually take the family to camp a few days by Riffe Lake just outside Mossyrock, WA.
I'm seriously considering driving over to Yellowstone for a weeks vacation this Summer.
So what about you guys?...

My Photobucket isn't cooperating today, but I'll post a few pics later.

You forgot to say your coming camping in my backyard this summer too. We can build a fort!!

I always try to make time for Beckerwest. Typically during the summer we try to get out camping at least once a month. It doesn't always work out but we try. There are all kindsa fun places to camp around these parts, but we have our favorite locations. I really want tidy get out to lake crescent though!

we're going to a couple of parks, a few hours roughly north of Toronto. Mikisew and Lake St Peter. i'm supposed to take the kid for a week with my brother and his kids, but if he bails the dog and i might hit algonquin. we went late last summer and it was pretty awesome. i was surprised how lonely it was, considering i'm fairly anti-social, but it was still awesome. nothing but trees, rocks, and water...

I live on a river 3 miles from the ocean. Every weekend is a campout right here at home.

WOW some great pics!. Our camp season down here is winter. We mainly car camp at state parks with an occasional 2-4 day backpack trip thrown in. Next weekend is Anastasia state park on the beach outside of ST. Augustine (roughing it LOL).

Possibly Prince Albert National park area. Hopefully no bear alerts this year.

Have to give you that this is one beautiful picture! Were both sunset same time just waiting a few minutes between?

Apologies for the late response. But yes, both shots were taken on the same evening. It was a pretty spectacular setting, the thunderstorm made for quite the dramatic picture set. When I get to my office, I'll find the pic showing the bank of clouds rolling in just prior to the other pics I already posted.

Back