1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I buy diamond stones

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by Bo-dacious, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Diemaker

Diemaker

Apr 28, 2017
    Edge Pro doesn't ship the leveling kit internationally because of how much it costs to ship. If your outside of the US just get some Sic powder, 60-240 grit, and a flat plate that is at least 8" x 10". Keep in mind that grinding on your flat plate like this is going to wear it so when lapping your stones try to wear the plate flat with figure 8 motions. You want about a teaspoon of abrasive and just enough water to wet it out, the drier it is the more aggressive it cuts. I use a tile of Cambria countertop material, think man made stone, for my lapping plate because I have a few around.

Blues likes this.
  2. Bo-dacious

Bo-dacious

Aug 13, 2016
    Die: okay cool, but I think I'll just order it from the states.

Bo

3. wade7575

wade7575 Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 3, 2013
    If you go to a window and door place you can get them to order you in a peace of tempered glass that's what I did it's more durable then regular glass and you won't have to worry about it breaking if you push to hard.

4. Diemaker

Diemaker

Apr 28, 2017
    Or go to a stone fabricator and get a couple pieces of their garbage for free.

Or go dumpster diving at a tile store. Or buy tile "orphens" at the tile store. Orphens are the last tiles left of the last batch and don't match the new batch/shipment of tile. When I say tile I pretty much mean granite tile but porcelain ceramic would be damn good because it is so hard and wear resistant. Porcelain tile is about $3 a square foot and many are flat enough.

Blues likes this.
  5. Bo-dacious

Bo-dacious

Aug 13, 2016
    Oh okay great. And put SiC on it? What exactly is SiC and does the d stand for carbide or something else?

Thanks guys,

Bo

6. Diemaker

Diemaker

Apr 28, 2017
    Sic is short for silicon carbide.

7. Bo-dacious

Bo-dacious

Aug 13, 2016
    @Diemaker yeah, that's what I thought. Thank you!

Bo