Where/how do you carry your knives?

I always carry my BM Ascent in my right back pocket. I feel I can draw it faster and easier then in my front right pocket, but it has the tendency to fall out on occassion. I always notice when it falls out though.

Later,
roadkill2

(scratching head)...A guy living in Canada, calling me(and all my friends, family etc.) stupid for living in AK?!?!

I don't get it....

I am getting ready to drive accross Canada here in a little bit, I don't need to develop any more animosity for Canada than I already have.

YeK

Yekim, I was just kidding you. No need to start an international incident over this.

I was just taking a light-hearted poke at most americans that seem to think we canadians live in perpetual winter conditions. Obviously, living in Alaska you would know different.

Seriously though Yekim, why the animosity towards Canada?

------------------
Bill (Yes, we carry knives in Canada - we need them to fight off the polar bears and militant Eskimos ;) )

Ahh yes the old where do ya got em' question, it doesn't hurt to start a new thread, because I bet a lot of us have NEW knives and carry them differently now or have switched favorites.

Today, everyday can be different, Right front pocket rides the Spyderco Harpy g10, on the belt goes a Boye/Loveless persona, back right pocket is a SAK Cowboy one of their few locking knives, left rear pocket, still empty, keys go there so I keep the knives out, front left holds SAK executive had all my life it seems, and a SAK chisel edge single blade, florist model but it is like a scalpel!

Oops almost forgot the Culloden stuck in the small of the back inside the waist band.

Thats it for today,

G2

------------------
When a fellow says, "it ain't the money but the principle of the thing,"
it's the money.
F. McKinney Hubbard

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Cabin/7306/blades.html

Military in left rear pocket.

Gigand Mosquito neck knife "inside the sock" (I just realized neck carry is too uncomfortable for me).

There has always been a little grudge between AK and Canada, probably because of the hassle of having to traverse Canada to get here. Pricea there are oulandish, and your gun laws are a joke.

More recently there was a big deal with the BC fishermen thinking that we were stealing all of the salmon that were destined for their waters. They went so far as blockading on of out ferries in protest. There was a big legal thing as a result and our ferries quit making stops in Canada. American boats are now subject to lots of fees and hassles now when making the trip from Washington to Alaskan waters. There is alot of tension now, and I do not think it will take too much for violence to start, especially between our two fisheries.

On top of all that, I am native. Your siggie seems to joke about natives being some sort of threat, which I am not. Lately I have been dealing with problems arising from an employer making jokes and insults. You little joke just rubs me the wrong way. I have fought long and hard to try and rise above the stereotypes and try and prove to the world that I am more than the sum of my bloodlines. I have tried to prove that my heritage is not something that I should be ashamed of, but I still get sand kicked in my face by people who think that I am the same as the drunks lining the streets.

Life sucks when you are judged by what your parents happened to be. Life really sucks when you are ranked by how much of you is white and how much of you is not. I am just over 1/4 native, and yet I might as well run around in mukluks and carry a spear for all the rest of western society cares. For some reason native of all kinds are look upon as being even lower than other minorities. Have your little joke. It would be fun to see if you could get away with saying "militant mexicans" or "militant blacks" or "militant jews".

I have tried to hide what I am, but it does not work, so the only other option I have now is to try and be civil when I explain to people that they are d**ks....

Mikey

------------------
It is not a matter of whether or not you are paranoid, it is a matter of whether or not you are paranoid enough.

Yekim, please check you email and my new post.
My apologies.

------------------
Bill
(Yes - we have knives in Canada - it is about the only weapon we are allowed to have)

Back