Where Spydercos Fall Short

honestly i'm fine with a poor blade to handle ratio if it means more handle to grip (see the spyderco military)

I have to agree with Velitrius on this one. The Bugout is an amazing knife even if it is a little high on the price. Decent steel, Axis Lock, and super lightweight at 1.8 oz. IMHO, it is a better knife than Benchmade's 530, 531 or the Volli. The closest knife to it is the exclusive REI 531 at $165.00. The street price of the Bugout is $115.00. Name another American made, slim, super lightweight knife on the market with comparable blade steel and egos.

Yep, I'd have bought the REI 531 at some point, but now there's no point.

On the Spyderco front, I carried the Baby Jess Horn today. Nice carry, but nowhere near that of the Bugout. And I paid $120 for the Horn.

I would like a Spyderco of some sort but pocket real estate is an issue for me.

I do like the lines of the D'Allera 3. Also, love the grip of the PM2 but the blade looks like an afterthought to me. Kinda like they designed the handle and ran out of time and money for the blade. I know that's not the case but, still, to me, they just don't mach up.

I had high hopes for the Para 3 but I just can't bring myself to buy it. Not sure why.

^^haha. Just popped in here to say, I would love a no choil pm2, if such a knife were possible. I carry a pm2 a lot but I generally don’t care much for choils on knives with large handles.

It was the only page offered after 11. We really didn't have a choice in the matter.

It was magic. Dark magic.
Good thing it wasn't 13 . . . that's all I'm saying . . .

Ha, ha I was thinking a couple days ago "is that thread still dieseling to a stop ?"
More than once I almost posted "Stop this ! NOW !" and here I am keeping it going.
Well not going exactly.

Die thread, die! ...wait what did I just do? :eek:

Back