Where to Find At Home Covid Test Kits for Sale on the Internet at Reasonable Prices?

Really?

I received a confirmation of the order but no tracking # yet. My undertanding is that deliveries will not begin for at least a wk or 2 and that a tracking # will follow at that time.
Well, it didn't actually ship, but I got a "label has been created" tracking number. Might not ship for another week or two ... or never, knowing the post office.

EDIT: Correction -- what I got was an RECEIPT from USPS. There's no tracking number.

Well, it didn't actually ship, but I got a "label has been created" tracking number. Might not ship for another week or two ... or never, knowing the post office.

EDIT: Correction -- what I got was an RECEIPT from USPS. There's no tracking number.
That makes more sense...this is our federal government we're talking about here ;) Will be curious to see how fast these ship!

Not interested in testing; because I would NEVER report a positive anyway...
I'd keep my mouth shut, and lay low for a couple of weeks!

Just received my first 2 gummint tests, with 2 more scheduled to be delivered on Thursday.

Nothing yet from "The Gov." Not even a tracking number. Other than the confirmation email, crickets since I placed my order more than two weeks ago. My daughter in Utah already got all four. Seems kind of random. I did eventually manage to purchase a couple of test kits for $15 each, and they are good through November.

And now for the past few days I am getting emails every day from companies from whom I tried to order three weeks ago when I started this thread, telling me they now have test kits in stock. Amazing how that happened after The Gov started giving them away. Eff em.

Just received an email from USPS stating the following:

----------------------------------------

Hello COVID Test Recipient,

USPS expects to deliver your package by Monday, February 14, 2022 arriving by 9:00pm.

Tracking Number:

4209 xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx 84​

----------------------------------------

The package has already been "accepted" for delivery in Oakland (only about 50miles from my location), so it "could" be delivered as early as Sat 2/12 but Mon 2/14 would be fine by me.

Last edited:
Still haven't received my second delivery.

Was at my local Walgreen's the other day and they had stacks of home tests in stock.

Made in CHINA.
Just got mine.

The kits are made in China for iHealth Labs in Sunnyvale, CA, which not unlike a lot of stuff that we buy in the US. Personally, I don't care that but if it bothers you, you can send them to me. LOL! ;)

The way I look at they're free and worth an equivalent to about $40 tax refund, which is fine by me because I always have to pay and never get a refund.

eHCyENM.jpg

Nothing yet from "The Gov." Not even a tracking number. Other than the confirmation email, crickets since I placed my order more than two weeks ago. My daughter in Utah already got all four. Seems kind of random. I did eventually manage to purchase a couple of test kits for $15 each, and they are good through November.

And now for the past few days I am getting emails every day from companies from whom I tried to order three weeks ago when I started this thread, telling me they now have test kits in stock. Amazing how that happened after The Gov started giving them away. Eff em.
So tomorrow will be four weeks since I ordered these and still nothing since the original confirmation email. Pretty much about what I expected. Color me unsurprised.

The POTUS announced last night during the SOTU Address that we can order an additional free C19 kit next week. Same info is posted on the C19 Kit Site:

See: https://www.covidtests.gov/

Assume this means starting this coming Monday, 3/7/2022.

Last edited:
Forgot to come back and update (sorry!), but about a week ago or so I did finally get my free govt COVID test kits. Made in South Korea. IIRC, they expire in May. So that's nice. Maybe I'll try for another one next week.

Is COVID still a thing? Thought that went away once all this stuff kicked off over in eastern Europe.

Yes, it's still a "thing" that people are still being hospitalized for, dying from and/or contracting long term Covid symptoms (like loss of smell/taste, fatique, brain fog) from. Not as frequently as when the epidemic 1st started but it's still out there.

FYI, the US is closely approaching 1 MILLION DEATHS due to Covid 19 and Worldwide the number of dead people due to Covid is near 6 Million!

See: WHO Covid19 Dashboard

So, as a senior citizen (71) w/respiratory susceptibility who is concerned about his health, I am still wearing a mask, social "distancing" and disinfecting my hands (and surfaces that I touch) when I think there are risks of contracting ANY disease.

That's my "choice." If others, don't want to still wear a mask and do other things that reduce their risk of infection, that's their choice. However, I am avoiding and staying as far away as I can from people I see out/about, who are NOT wearing a mask in order to protect myself from those who may be infectious.

The proof of the effectiveness of doing these things for me is the fact that, for the 2 (going on 3 years) that I've been wearing a mask, social distancing, getting vaccinated and disinfecting my hands w/an alcohol spray that I carry), I have NOT been sick with the cold, flu or C19.

So, I'm just going to continue doing this regardless of what anyone else says.

BTW, the reason I get PCR tested regularly for C19 and keep C19 tests kits on hand at home is NOT to prevent catching C19 (which testing cannot prevent) but it is to avoid spreading the disease to others (loved ones or strangers) if I happen to catch it. So, it's my way of being a "responsible" citizen.

Last edited:
Yes, it's still a "thing" that people are still being hospitalized for, dying from and/or contracting long term Covid symptoms (like loss of smell/taste, fatique, brain fog) from. Not as frequently as when the epidemic 1st started but it's still out there.

FYI, the US is closely approaching 1 MILLION DEATHS due to Covid 19 and WorldWide the number of dead people due to Covid is near 6 Million!

See: WHO Covid19 Dashboard

So, as a senior citizen (71) w/respiratory susceptibility who is concerned about his health, I am still wearing a mask, social "distancing" and disinfecting my hands (and surfaces that I touch) when I think there are risks of contracting ANY disease.

That's my "choice." If others, don't want to still wear a mask and do other things that reduce their risk of infection, that's their choice. However, I am avoiding and staying as far away as I can from people I see out/about, who are NOT wearing a mask in order to protect myself from those who may be infectious.

The proof of the effectiveness of doing these things for me is the fact that, for the 2 (going on 3 years) that I've been wearing a mask, social distancing, getting vaccinated and disinfecting my hands w/an alcohol spray that I carry), I have NOT been sick with the cold, flu or C19.

So, I'm just going to continue doing this regardless of what anyone else says.

BTW, the reason I get PCR tested regularly for C19 and keep C19 tests kits on hand at home is NOT to prevent catching C19 (which testing cannot prevent) but it is to avoid spreading the disease to others (loved ones or strangers) if I happen to catch it. So, it's my way of being a "responsible" citizen.
My remark was a reference to the lack of coverage this pandemic is getting now from the media, not some personal vent about how serious I think it is.

Back