Where to find sheaths for your Fiddlebacks

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by thurin, May 14, 2015.

1. Kymedic45

Kymedic45 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 28, 2013
    I can vouch for RLO, I just got my 1st fiddleback and RLO hooked me up! Awesome person to deal with!

[​IMG]
    His attention to detail was amazing! The leather even matched the pins and liners :)

2. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    thats a nice edcII

3. Kymedic45

Apr 28, 2013
    Ty, I hear the heritage is quite amazing :)

4. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    oh and rick is a super guy to deal with and in general

5. Volfather

Volfather

Sep 16, 2015
    Rick mailed me just trying to decide style and fashion now

6. Kymedic45

Apr 28, 2013
    That's my Boy :)

7. Justarandomguy

Justarandomguy

Oct 1, 2015
    I spoke with Jou Fuu the other day. He's been unable to do as much production the last few weeks because of some other commitments. He should have some more sheaths up a week from this Tuesday in his normal thread.

8. bonafide

bonafide Jou'Fuu Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2013
    Thanks for posting this. I'll be posting available sheaths tomorrow. If you have instagram, i usually post pics of a few sheaths as i finish them. :thumbup:

9. HogWylder

HogWylder

Oct 1, 2015
    I have had the GREAT pleasure of owning sheaths by Wildmanh. They're top quality and look fantastic with a Fiddleback!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  10. thurin

thurin Wanderer Platinum Member

Dec 19, 2012
    OP has been updated with Diomedes and Jou'fuu changes.

11. Skystorm

Skystorm A Cow Flayin' Sheath Making Angry Gnome

Oct 17, 2011
    I've made a Fiddle sheath or three... :D

12. thurin

thurin Wanderer Platinum Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Crap, forgot. Sorry. Updating.

ETA: updated.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  13. We've been able to fit all but one Fiddleback custom model to our in stock sheath selection. We've had great luck using our Ambush Alpha and Brute sheaths. Our Dakota line and Bark Rivers are used on the rest. If someone wants an off the shelf option, I'd be happy to try and help them in picking one out. As long as we have the model in stock I can check the fit.

14. GRENHOP

GRENHOP

May 20, 2015
    I've been emailing Rick Lowe to get a sheath made. No response from him. Anyone know how to get in contact with him? The email I've been using is the one on this thread.

15. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
  16. Case_XX

Case_XX

Nov 18, 2009
    Phillip is correct on the address, I know Rick has been slammed. I haven't contacted him in a couple of weeks but he is working on a couple of sheaths for me right now and the last time we spoke he said he was backed up due to Christmas orders and he was having trouble keeping up with emails as well.

17. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Thanks for the update re Rick Lowe and his contact info. I have also tried to reach him and wondered if I had the wrong email info. It helps to know that he's just busy - considering how beautiful his work is, I can live with that. Guess it's time to lurk on the Flea Market thread...

Tony

18. Rick Lowe

Rick Lowe KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 6, 2005
    My apologies to all that have tried reaching me, but I've been fighting a serious computer glitch with email. I think it's all straightened out now and I'll try to be much better with responses. As mentioned, some of the problem has been a huge backlog on rifle accessory orders which has kept me away from sheath work. My heart is with knives/sheaths, but that other work feeds, houses and clothes my family. I hope all past, present and future customers will understand that my turn around time is going to be stretched a bit for now, but I will do my best to get all orders completed. My thanks to all for the good words and interest in my work.

19. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Rick,

Thanks for the nice email you just sent me! I'm checking out your Facebook page, and look forward to figuring out what I want to order. No worries...no hurry. I have no problem waiting for genuine craftsmanship!

Tony