Where would I start a moderator critique thread?

I would advise against handling any grievances with moderators publicly on the forum. Try PM'ing the mod directly (in a polite manner) or seeking out another form of direct (not public) feedback if you have experiences with a mod that you feel were not to your liking.

I would advise against handling any grievances with moderators publicly on the forum. Try PM'ing the mod directly (in a polite manner) or seeking out another form of direct (not public) feedback if you have experiences with a mod that you feel were not to your liking.

I appreciate the advice but I want a public forum where members have a place where they are able to give both positive and negative critique.

Never gonna happen, but good luck with that. If you start a thread praising a mod no one is gonna stop you, if you have an issue you are probably just out of luck as far as complaints go, especially with 35 post count.

Will a moderator please tell me where I should start the thread or where I can find one like it if it already exists.

Never gonna happen, but good luck with that. If you start a thread praising a mod no one is gonna stop you, if you have an issue you are probably just out of luck as far as complaints go, especially with 35 post count.

In that case I would like to start a full fledged Sub-forum.

You are in the right place. Go ahead if you must.

Will a moderator please tell me where I should start the thread or where I can find one like it if it already exists.

In that case I would like to start a full fledged Sub-forum.

You've obviously been dealt a severe blow. You're in the right place, so go for it if you must.
However, knocks against the moderation staff, if not handled correctly, can be deemed "mod sass" and get you banned.
How badly do you want to keep that Platinum Membership? Because if you're banned, it's non-refundable.
In other words, tread lightly. Based on the links below and this thread, you seem wound a little tightly. Mainly because you didn't get your way.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...89-SBMFs-are-not-fakes-Seeking-expert-witness

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ck-or-is-it-a-Strider?p=11067036#post11067036

You are in the right place. Go ahead if you must.

I think if I were to just start it here with out mod guidance it would not be take seriously. This is something I strongly believe we need I order to insure that moderators moderate with out abusing their power by tromping through the forums hiding behind their moderator status acting like "super members" whom the rules don't apply.

For instance here is a post from a mod (whom for the time being will remain nameless) that took place on 07-10-2012,

MEMBER:
Dayum!!! That's one BIG knife! Special order or always available?

MOD:
As Always, when regarding items not on the store site, some show up here whenever they are made.
You could Email Auntie to have a special order one made for you.

Didn't seam like the mod did anything wrong but this Mod issues warnings and infractions "breaking the rules" die to partisapatimg in transactions of anykind outside of the exchange. Which is exactly what he did.

That would be here in the Service and Support Forum. Our moderators are not above question. But, I have followed your antics of late and I'm not convinced that you have a strong case.

Let's also consider exactly what you did that lead up to these actions and deal in actual facts to see if there is something that needs to be changed.

1. Purchased a volume of knives for immediate resale. (Clearly against forum rules unless you are a dealer.)
2. Post knives for sale without a price in order to maximize profits. (Clearly against forum rules.)
3. Accused me of moving your for sale thread to the cove. (100% false, I did not even know what was going on until I read your P.M. early yesterday morning with that accusation.)

Seems that abuse of this forum and its rules started with your actions as well as false accusations. Please consider it all rather than myopically. You need to consider your actions and how they were way over the top in the way these forums are set up. Those are facts you have not dealt with in your discussion in this thread to this point.

Unlike some of the opinions expressed, there are more than plenty of examples where mistakes were made, apologies offered and changes implemented for the better of the community.

Making accusations without the acknowledgement of mistakes on the other end, seldom ends well. So let's start from the top of what was done and the actions taken on both sides. Otherwise the atmosphere you are creating here by not including what you did in your complaint pretty much is an invalid place to start in making your point. Better to deal with the whole story from the top.

Last edited:
3. Accused me of moving your for sale thread to the cove. (100% false, I did not even know what was going on until I read your P.M. early yesterday morning with that accusation.)

This one is especially disturbing to me. It is rumor mongering and character assault. I think, Mr. Taxi, that you have some issues to answer for yourself.

You're in the right place, so go for it if you must.
However, knocks against the moderation staff, if not handled correctly, can be deemed "mod sass" and get you banned.
How badly do you want to keep that Platinum Membership? Because if you're banned, it's non-refundable.

If im accused of "mod sass" for standing up to a power abusing mod, so be it. If I end up getting banned for not "handling it correctly" aka cower with undue respect at he feat of a bully... that's fine with me, even at the loss of what I paid for the platinum. I love this site and I'm happy i was able to fund it even if I'm kicked off by a thug mod.

If im accused of "mod sass" for standing up to a power abusing mod, so be it. If I end up getting banned for not "handling it correctly" aka cower with undue respect at he feat of a bully... that's fine with me, even at the loss of what I paid for the platinum. I love this site and I'm happy i was able to fund it even if I'm kicked off by a thug mod.

No abuse. Your failure to read and follow the rules you agreed to when you signed up is the root cause of this. Your mistake led to a moderator doing their job. You got an answer similar to this last night from the site owner and yet you persist. Now you are resorting to name calling. Do you want to stay here or not? The decision is yours. You just earned yourself some points for the "thug" comment so by all means continue on.

TCT,

I suggest you read what I posted and stop calling names. Address the entire issue from the top.

Otherwise, should you choose to continue with the tact you are taking expect to be removed from this site. I personally have treated you with nothing but respect and you know that. (It has become obvious to me now that you do not deserve the respect I have shown in dealing with you.) I have not infracted you yet, moved any of your posts or lashed out towards you in private or public, but that will soon change if you do not step back and consider all your actions. Including then returning to a discussion forum, deal spotting and announcing that you have knives for sale.) Put the facts out there.
You were only warned about the for sale thread. You did not get infracted until you continued to ignore the simple rules here. Now you are on the radar of all of the mods due to your behavior and you say we are abusing you. Please, stop and consider your actions. You are not above the simple rules and you keep ignoring them.

From what I have seen some minor mistakes were made (for instance no mod should have pushed you to tell what you orginally paid for the volume of knives you purchase for immediate resale), non of them match your neglect of following the rules and the abuse you have instigated.

I will tell you at this point, I am tired of spending time with your antics and sideshow without addressing the whole story.

Last edited:
This one is especially disturbing to me. It is rumor mongering and character assault. I think, Mr. Taxi, that you have some issues to answer for yourself.

My thread was moved. Im not sure why i thought you may have known why this happened my goal was not to accuse. I just wanted answers.

Back