Where's my Machax Kabar?

It is the retailers responsibility to ensure that the product is delivered to the customer, tracking information or not, insured or not. If it is lost, and keep in mind the post office loses 6 million pieces of mail a year, I am sure Kabar will fix the issue for you.

starting to get ugly folx ;)

kabar isn't in the business of lying about sending out a single package, it's not their style

if tracking wasn't purchased, you simply cannot verify anything about the shipping without going to USPS and asking them directly...

even with tracking, officially i believe, it takes up to 60 days to figure things out, and allow the package to settle out of their system.

so. what *I* would do, is interrogate the POBOX place. ask them, politely but firmly to search because the package is there, according to USPS, and clearly misplaced ;) we call that social engineering ;)

then, i would goto the main USPS office for that area, and lodge a "missing package", ask them specifically, in real time for the appropriate route information, who the driver might have been, and such things. it's possible that the package was rejected at POBOX and is being held at a given post office. ask them to look for you. as in "right now".

i'd probably also goto the local UPS depot, and inquire. if KaBar sent it by UPS, POBOX might have rejected it. completely. thus, they could be holding it, waiting for a timeout, and who knows.

the timeout is key. i had a package sit in a lingering locker for 3 months before "it was found". i did make a stink about the $500 insurance coverage, and rather than "pay it out", they found it :)

and that's about all i have to say, other than "man, that sucks"; if need be, a mod will harrass them for you, and/or do something about in the meantime if there's a complete failure.

starting to get ugly folx ;)

kabar isn't in the business of lying about sending out a single package, it's not their style

if tracking wasn't purchased, you simply cannot verify anything about the shipping without going to USPS and asking them directly...

even with tracking, officially i believe, it takes up to 60 days to figure things out, and allow the package to settle out of their system.

so. what *I* would do, is interrogate the POBOX place. ask them, politely but firmly to search because the package is there, according to USPS, and clearly misplaced ;) we call that social engineering ;)

then, i would goto the main USPS office for that area, and lodge a "missing package", ask them specifically, in real time for the appropriate route information, who the driver might have been, and such things. it's possible that the package was rejected at POBOX and is being held at a given post office. ask them to look for you. as in "right now".

i'd probably also goto the local UPS depot, and inquire. if KaBar sent it by UPS, POBOX might have rejected it. completely. thus, they could be holding it, waiting for a timeout, and who knows.

the timeout is key. i had a package sit in a lingering locker for 3 months before "it was found". i did make a stink about the $500 insurance coverage, and rather than "pay it out", they found it :)

and that's about all i have to say, other than "man, that sucks"; if need be, a mod will harrass them for you, and/or do something about in the meantime if there's a complete failure.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Good advice.

Speaking of... doesn't this belong in FEEDBACK?

Sorry i didnt put this in feedback, this was more a question to see if anyone else has had similar wait times for their Limited edition machaxen. Didn't mean it as feedback,just a question about a problem and a bit of a rant.

I love Kabar but I will not be spending my time phoning and visiting and accusing others of losing my package. I live an hour away from the border and quite often have to wait another half hour at the crossing, just hopping across to go talk to post office workers isn't as easy for me. I have called the company that has my PO box, Letterlock, multiple times and i have them on the lookout for my package. They are a very small family run business that myself and my family has been using for years. We have had Zero problems, so I will not be "social engineering" them to look harder. I will be calling them and explaining my problem, and considering most people received theirs stuff within two weeks, I will be asking if it was possibly misplaced. I would hope KaBar would do a bit to help on their end in tracking down the package, they have more information on the order than I do, I don't even have an invoice.

Btw, if I was given the option to purchase tracking and confirmation, I would have ofcourse done so.

Man, Im thinking the same thing on my patches. Sent envelopes 3 weeks ago. Still nothing.

Yep same time as well. I tell ya, where the hell is Kevin Costner? If he was on duty you know we would have our mail. The postman always gets the mail delivered!
8b32942f.jpg

Sometimes, items I've shipped to Canada has taken 6 weeks to arrive. Australia, 4 weeks. :confused:

Once it hits the US border, its up to them to go from there. The only way to ship international with tracking, is to go with International Express, which is around $50, is why there is no tracking number.

If you had requested it, they would have more than likely been happy to make that happen. They ship USPS on international orders, for the same reason I do, its about half as much as UPS.

There are some downfalls, but no big. I hate to say it, but you could be looking at another couple of weeks before you see it, but you will get it.

And I promise, Kabar will make sure you are happy, but shipping delays happen.

Moose

I don't understand why they wouldn't offer at the very minimum a delivery confirmation number. Isn't it in their best interest to do so?

I don't understand why they wouldn't offer at the very minimum a delivery confirmation number. Isn't it in their best interest to do so?

Delivery confirmation only works in CONUS. When you ship international, the only delivery the USPS makes is to the Canadian border. After that, its on Canada.

Moose

Delivery confirmation only works in CONUS. When you ship international, the only delivery the USPS makes is to the Canadian border. After that, its on Canada.

Moose

the package is being shipped to Washington though...he is crossing the border to pick it up...

Yup there is no international shipping. The only thing crossing the border is ME when I travel down there to pick it up. I'll be calling and badgering the PO box company today to find out if some new guy shoved it into a hidden corner or something. Sorry for the ranting guys, I don't mean to be taking it out on Kabar, I'm just frustrated and my patience has been worn out.

Yup there is no international shipping. The only thing crossing the border is ME when I travel down there to pick it up. I'll be calling and badgering the PO box company today to find out if some new guy shoved it into a hidden corner or something. Sorry for the ranting guys, I don't mean to be taking it out on Kabar, I'm just frustrated and my patience has been worn out.

So, you have checked with the local PO about it. Which is why I was curious, because, and this may not be the norm there, but here, when a box is too large to fit in a PO box, the will slip it, or put a slip in the PO box letting you know there was a package for you.

And, there is more than likely a chance that USPS just screwed up somewhere, it happens. USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, they all miss packages now and again.

It will be made right, one way or another, mon frere.

Moose

Thanks Moose, your reassurance is... reassuring lol. I'll be contacting Letterlock again, and then finding out what the nearest postal office it might have ended up at is. The one thing I'm hoping is that I can track it down before my Tomar's order is in so I just have to make one trip down to pick everything up. Not sure if that'll happen, but fingers are crossed. Thanks again for the support and info guys.

Thanks Moose, your reassurance is... reassuring lol. I'll be contacting Letterlock again, and then finding out what the nearest postal office it might have ended up at is. The one thing I'm hoping is that I can track it down before my Tomar's order is in so I just have to make one trip down to pick everything up. Not sure if that'll happen, but fingers are crossed. Thanks again for the support and info guys.

No problem, I just want to help out. I looked up Letterlock, interesting. Seems the specialize in border deliveries. Wonder what kind of effect that has on the Canadians as far as "We want our TAXES!!!" :D

It will show up, one way or another, I'm sure, take heart, Kabar is not in the business of screwing folks out of knives, quite the opposite, actually.

This is a funny story, not sure if you would want to hear it, but I knew a guy here that had his brother ship him some stuff from California, nothing major, just some things from when they were kids. My buddy, never got the package. Called his brother, brother called the USPS, they told him they didn't know where it was at.

It was delivered 3 months later, evidently, it had fallen down in the somewhere in the mail jeep, and wasn't found until the jeep was sent in for servicing, and cleaning.

WTF?!?!?!

Don't worry though, I would say your box is at Letterlock somewhere, waiting to be discovered. Again.

Moose

I guess a bonus machax turning up in 3 months wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen lol.

*Update*

Nope still no Machax. I contacted Letterlock through email around 11:00am explaining the problem, and asking them if they can double check to make sure it wasn't mislabeled or misplaced, got a reply half an hour later saying that It ain't there. I called again at 3:00 (after they get their last deliver for the day), the guy that i've spoken to every time I've called once again said that they had looked, double checked and it was not in the building. They checked the computer for sender info, receiver info and variations of both. Nada. It is not in their building (it's a very small building, not much more than a large stock room and a small counter out front...not like it's lost in a hidden crate somewhere, Indiana Jones style)

Then I called the actual Post Office, USPS. Went through the same thing, still nothing. She asked "What is the confirmation number?" to which I replied "I don't know, the sender told me that they could not provide a tracking or confirmation number since it was being shipped USPS." The nice lady at the post office then replied "Well they're wrong, we can put a tracking number on anything, anywhere."...

I then called 3 other businesses in Sumas that specialize in shipping and receiving packages, as the USPS lady told me that in rare cases they can get mixed up, but its usually resolved within a day or two. All of the other businesses were polite and thorough, and all of them took as much information from me about the package as possible before telling me what I already knew. "I'm sorry sir, we haven't had any package like that come through."

What should I do guys? I want to contact Kabar and go disgruntled customer on them, as is my reaction to most situations like this, but I don't want to ream out the poor girl who answers the phones, as she really has been as helpful as she can be. I understand this is just unfortunate circumstances, however Kabar could have, and should have provided me with a tracking number, especially since I asked for one multiple times. I also haven't even received an Invoice, other than what's on my Visa statement. All of these things combined would regularly have me blacklisting this company and avoiding them like the plague...but obviously that ain't gonna work, they're like my heroin dealer, I HAVE to do business with them from time to time to fuel my habit lol.

I'm not gonna last 60 days waiting for the machax to fall from the skies into my mailbox, I have patience, but I also have rage issues lol.

end of another rant.

Well, as always, be polite.

Call them tomorrow, and see whats going on.

If you want, you could send me your order info, and I'll make the call, see whats going on. I don't have any secret number or smoke signal to raise, but you've went as far as you can outside of Kabar. You've done all you can do.

Moose

I'm with moose call them.

Ask them about shipping info on hand. One time my address hadn't changed on my master card and I didn't know and ordered some stuff. US company called in to verify the address and shipped to the address on the card, without looking at the shipping address I gave them. Might be that USPS is trying to find out why the zip code is alphanumeric.

I ordered my BK4 last week and it shipped today and will be here on Thursday. I would get on phone immediately and do the foot thing as described above.

Back