Which Benchmade are you carrying today?

Couldn't pass up a new grizzly ridge for $96 out-the-door!
2tDACIR.jpg

Well, I don't have a Benchmade in my pocket today but, I did pick up and consider my Mel Pardue 531. Does that count for anything?

One page back I posted my 710-1401 in its original blue/black incarnation. Wednesday I received the Keyman holey Ironwood scales that I've wanted for a long time and recently commissioned from our illustrious scale-maker. I'm just blown away by the look and feel of these and so pleased to have one of my favorite knives in one of my favorite steels wearing these beauties. I carried this yesterday, today, and will have it on me again tomorrow as I head off-Cape to complete my semi-annual Continuing Ed for my builder's license.

xaUSbmU.jpg

KSRylyS.jpg

RWGAGlR.jpg

RqBpskZ.jpg

Since the picture I posted elsewhere shows that two of today's three knives are not Benchmade, I'll not post it here...but, to acknowledge the one that is - Presidio Auto

Back from a long intermission. I have had my PE Alias II in my pocket for nearly 3 months. Moved from Virginia to Washington State. What might get me to buy something new is the 407 Vallation, even better if a smaller version came 'round as it might. This Alias II and it's bigger brother the Alias I, which I also carry, are among the best knives Benchmade has ever produced, IMO.

Back from a long intermission. I have had my PE Alias II in my pocket for nearly 3 months. Moved from Virginia to Washington State. What might get me to buy something new is the 407 Vallation, even better if a smaller version came 'round as it might. This Alias II and it's bigger brother the Alias I, which I also carry, are among the best knives Benchmade has ever produced, IMO.
Welcome back Joe!
It’s good to see that you are still doing well.
So your move was a good one, I hope?
No offense to Virginia, but Washington does sound better.

Vallation, you say?
That is my #1 most carried knife, currently, well ever since I de-assisted it and re-scaled it.
I Love the blind pivot, I love the blade shape/grind, I really like the handle silhouette.
However, I am not a fan of aluminum scales.
So I’m giving these G10 scales a test drive.
The Vallation is an awesome carry.
You should check it out.

42058403d4a13a8f89285b1d0e2fe65b.jpg

Back