Which Benchmade are you carrying today?

ML5lD5B.jpg

Today is a full-size Griptilian 551 and a SAK Spartan day.

I am finding that I like that combination.

I used to carry a Morpho 32 that I bought used as an EDC when I was younger (despite carrying it is totally illegal where I live), but I eventually lost it during a motorcycle trip in the countryside. I then bought a full size Morpho 51 to replace it, but it was so big an shiny (My first full size/brand new balisong) that I never really used it because I didn't want it to wear down. I then bought a brand new 32 because I missed the small form-factor, but shortly after that I found a used, heavily flipped/blunted 51 for a good price (50€ / ~60$), so I bought it, re-sharpened it, replaced all the screws with titanium and removed the spring action of the latch, and this particular knife has been my main EDC since ! I love it because I restored it and if I lose it or get it seized I won't miss it as much as the two brand new morphos on display on my desk shelf. :)

TL-DR : I love Morpho and carry a 51 !

Those scales...

Those scales... That is a nice lookin knife.

Thanks brother! Yea, as soon as I saw OD green micarta I knew it would be perfect for that knife. Quite pleased with how it turned out.

Back