Which Benchmade are you carrying today?

nABTUJm.jpg

Last edited:
I love it, personally. This knife has become my preferred EDC. S90V isn’t invincible - it’ll still need sharpening. In my experience though, maintaining the edge by stroping it often will definitely help performance and cut down on the need for diamond stones.

I love it, personally. This knife has become my preferred EDC. S90V isn’t invincible - it’ll still need sharpening. In my experience though, maintaining the edge by stroping it often will definitely help performance and cut down on the need for diamond stones.

Thanks. This will be my first try at S90V. Figured it was worth a try. Will take note of the stropping suggestion. Have a decent one that I use on some blades.

Today’s knife combo has been a 551 Griptilian with a basic Vic Spartan as it’s sidekick.

I find that to be a very useful combination.

Holy Gary Gygax, Dadpool Dadpool !

But I completely agree about the SOCP folder. I recently acquired one in a trade, and find myself liking it more and more.

I tell this to everyone who is interested in these SOCP folders - You guys should try to find yourselves an original 390. Yes the liner lock. I know, it feels like sacrilege without the AXIS, but... They’re even better, IMO. Discontinued, scarce and perhaps even pricier these days, I think they’re worth the hunt. Fantastic G10 scales, and without the blade play issues of the 391. The original models were amazingly solid, smoooooth knives. Slightly thinner overall thickness, too.

61805-C37-29-B4-4-EF6-99-AE-79-CCDC396992.jpg

3-BFCF369-9-CF7-4531-A113-580167-E5-DAF1.jpg

I was interested in them in their original iteration, but not so interested that I would have bought one then. As I said, ended up getting the one I have in a trade, but it’s really grown on me. I do wish this model had G10 instead of the CF Elite, but I have no issues with the axis lock. Fortunately, mine has no discernible blade play.

Back