Which Benchmade are you carrying today?

WvvlgNz.jpg

Been carrying a lot of Spydercos recently, so going to make an effort to put more Benchmades in my pocket this week.

581 today - personal preference is for the assist/safety delete. Took a little work to get the pivot action/play dialed in under the bolsters but totally worth it; the high grind on this cuts very nicely.

RrT9S6k.jpg

I really like the blade profile on that 320; just very cool. How's the flipping action?
the blade flies outta the handle. definitely the best action i get outta any of my flippers. it has an oversized flipper tab that, combined with the bearings, makes opening it just about effortless. it’s probably my most carried liner locking knife, i love the blade shape too. & it’s much lighter than you’d think with only the single liner, are for a really nice balance in the hand

What's pączki? Looks good.

They're Polish doughnuts; very rich dough and filled with either some kind of fruit preserve or cream or custard. Traditionally they would be made right before the start of Lent to use up all the ingredients that wouldn't be used during the fast. Same idea as Pancake Day or other Fat Tuesday traditions.

I had never heard of them living down south, but since moving up to Michigan it's all about Pączki Day given the larger Polish community up here.

I highly recommend trying them if you ever have the chance; my personal favorites are apple or lemon filled but custard filled as in the above pic are also quite good. :)

My wife likes chocolate with hers, either filling or icing, but that's too much for me, hah

They're Polish doughnuts; very rich dough and filled with either some kind of fruit preserve or cream or custard. Traditionally they would be made right before the start of Lent to use up all the ingredients that wouldn't be used during the fast. Same idea as Pancake Day or other Fat Tuesday traditions.

I had never heard of them living down south, but since moving up to Michigan it's all about Pączki Day given the larger Polish community up here.

I highly recommend trying them if you ever have the chance; my personal favorites are apple or lemon filled but custard filled as in the above pic are also quite good. :)

My wife likes chocolate with hers, either filling or icing, but that's too much for me, hah
Thank you for the thoughtful reply!

Back