Which Benchmade are you carrying today?

I just picked up this little guy which is a lot smaller than I expected but great knife nonetheless. I found it way more interesting than the cf Bugout which was my other option and the swedge is imho, a winner.

Question- how’s the action and ‘detent feel’ on yours? Mine is by far the lightest of all my BMs and I can easily flick the blade out with a wrist action alone.

I bought it LNIB and it’s from 2020 so I don’t think it’s a case of omega springs sagging. Came pristine with no signs of use and I promptly tuned/tightened and lubed it but it’s still very light. Thinking it’s how they come? Curious of anyone else’s exp. Thx!

I just picked up this little guy which is a lot smaller than I expected but great knife nonetheless. I found it way more interesting than the cf Bugout which was my other option and the swedge is imho, a winner.

Question- how’s the action and ‘detent feel’ on yours? Mine is by far the lightest of all my BMs and I can easily flick the blade out with a wrist action alone.

I bought it LNIB and it’s from 2020 so I don’t think it’s a case of omega springs sagging. Came pristine with no signs of use and I promptly tuned/tightened and lubed it but it’s still very light. Thinking it’s how they come? Curious of anyone else’s exp. Thx!

The action on mine is no different than any of my other Axis lock Benchmades. From how you describe it, it sounds like a possible omega spring issue. I would take a closer look to make sure both omega springs are properly seated in the liners and that the crossbar doesn't have significantly more play on one side than on the other.

The action on mine is no different than any of my other Axis lock Benchmades. From how you describe it, it sounds like a possible omega spring issue. I would take a closer look to make sure both omega springs are properly seated in the liners and that the crossbar doesn't have significantly more play on one side than on the other.
thanks man. it may be the omegas but I’m pretty sure not the reassembly of them as I’m super anal about fit and finish but will take another looksie . When I got it it was pretty tight. The pivot (why the hell did they decide to go all t6 on the 484 god knows) is a bit finicky and to get good action I had to back out thepivot at least a full turn and then loctited. It now shoot out and drops close but given the pivot isn’t fully tight, it has th slightest bit of side to side which a few of my BMs have.

If I screw in the pivot to the first sign of resistance, the blade struggles to open and won’t even move when depressing the axis. Net net: The action is good now, just very light.

A Griptilian
SzWlVbp.jpg

Back