Which Kizer are you carrying today?

It has been a staple in rrp since I got it.
Rings all the bells and whistles for me. I have even switched it out but that doesn’t make the day and it’s right back in the rrp!!
John 🥾🥾

I've seen several knives like this with excellent form, but the inlay kills it for me. Not sure why they don't offer a plain handled model :( otherwise it's an excellent size.

This one might be my favorite front flipper. The handle is large and thick for the blade, but I actually love that. It feels excellent in my hand. (I did do a little bit of ergonomic softening on the scale edges but I do that to lots of knives.) The detent and action are "just right" for my front-flipping needs. It locks up solidly. The upgrade to Skiff bearings only made it better.

ayFxXUy.jpg

Been looking to get another Kizer..🤔
Maybe a Sqiudward or a Feist XL.. Kinda attracted to the slim carrys.. Also I got big hands so trying not to go to far under 4in closed..
John :)

Been looking to get another Kizer..🤔
Maybe a Sqiudward or a Feist XL.. Kinda attracted to the slim carrys.. Also I got big hands so trying not to go to far under 4in closed..
John :)

I haven't tried the Squidward but the Feist XL is good. I like it a lot better than the regular size. Unlike other Kizers, the Feists have a detent ramp. The way I normally close a knife, the smaller one can sometimes hang up or rebound from the ramp and that never happens to me with the XL.

I haven't tried the Squidward but the Feist XL is good. I like it a lot better than the regular size. Unlike other Kizers, the Feists have a detent ramp. The way I normally close a knife, the smaller one can sometimes hang up or rebound from the ramp and that never happens to me with the XL.
Thanks. 🤝
Really that is my first choice.
I really, really like my PPY. 😂
Don’t know why I am chasing something else!! 😂
John 😁

It's so nice!

I just snapped and allowed myself to grab a Bladesmith version of the October, did not expect to see that model go 50% off and I just had two very productive interviews so whatever, I'll find something to sell to make space for it!
Best of luck on the job search!!
Congrats on the score!!
👍
John 😁

I think it's about time I grab the XL Feist. I prefer the satin finish, my only hope is that I can refine the overly rough "and ugly" micarta with some high grit wet sanding.

I think it's about time I grab the XL Feist. I prefer the satin finish, my only hope is that I can refine the overly rough "and ugly" micarta with some high grit wet sanding.

Go for it. I'd love to see how it turns out.

In addition to the dye job, I did a little edge rounding on my scales. It wasn't much but it made the difference from good to great. It also goes well with the factory-crowned spine, which is one of my favorite things about the Feist XL. I wish Kizer would do that to more of their knives. It's like the glittery stone-wash they do on this and other blades. It looks good, hides scratches well, and does not promote corrosion like a blasted finish can.

I carried mine yesterday...

ENhIyQC.jpg

Back