• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

which knife maker for a larger Helle Utvaer

Hi everyone,

who would be a good candidate to ask for a knife that would a overall-larger version of the Helle Utvaer?

It's a full tang, wooden handle, bushcraft knife. The steel is (I believe) triple laminated 12c27. I'd like to have a custom made, which would the same knife but in a bigger version.

Can you recommend someone ?

Thanks for your help

I think you could go look through the knifemaker for sale area and find someone whose work you like. Or if you're on Instagram look through makers on there. I don't know if this is the best place for this question, there is a custom service wanted thread on here I believe.

I think any competent knife maker could make one. That’s the equivalent of 420HC and a pretty basic stainless steel.

I'm going to move this to the "Knifemaker Services Wanted" forum.
Shop talk is for knifemaking Q&A discussion on techniques, materials, and equipment.

Louis - You need to fill out your profile so people know where you live. Pretty hard for anyone to answer your question or volunteer to make the job if they don't know if you are in Norway, Argentina, or Thailand.

Thanks for moving the thread in the right section!

Ok I am gonna look at the work of knife makers in here and see what they've got.

Back