Recommendation? Which one would you choose and why. PICTURES ADDED!!

I like the top the most, the middle is sweet as well, but I think you should round off those corners of the tang or remove them outright. No dissrespect they look lovely, but I think most people would appreciate those corners gone. I made a knife out of M2 with a tang exactly like that with a lanyard hole, it's not comfortable to hold in cerrtain grips.
Beautiful blades though, love the pattern welding too. I'd buy one, but then also grind off those tangs :)

Looks like a good working knife, not too big, but not too small. Also looks plenty strong. Very nice looking steel, too! Let us know how it works for you. Congrats!

I still liked the top one, tho, the trailing point. If I ever decide to scratch that itch, it would probably be with the CRKT Clever Girl.

Looks like a good working knife, not too big, but not too small. Also looks plenty strong. Very nice looking steel, too! Let us know how it works for you. Congrats!

I still liked the top one, tho, the trailing point. If I ever decide to scratch that itch, it would probably be with the CRKT Clever Girl.

I like that model!! His customs especially!!! Have a look at the link below!!

https://www.breachbangclear.com/artificum-solis-the-clever-girl/

Nice, thanks for that! The primary gripe I've seen online is the smallish handle on the CRKT knife, but the customs look to have many more options available.

I've also heard the SK-5 is relatively soft, but in a fighter, and this is a fighter, toughness is more important than edge-holding. This doesn't bother me, and isn't unexpected. They're not the first company to put out fighting knives that were very tough, but noticeably soft, in comparison to more general purpose bladeware. The Ontario Bagwell Helle's Belles series Bowie knives are 440A, heat treated to be tough, not to hold an edge. I think I read somewhere they run about 54RC, per the designer's specs. People bought these things expecting an all-around Bowie blade, and got a well-designed fighting knife instead. Lack of understanding, and improper use of the tool, is not the fault of the maker of said tool.

I like the Clever Girl for what it is, and accept the limitations outside its primary focus. Will probably have to go with the CRKT piece tho, the economy doesn't allow for much more right now...

Last edited:
Back