Which one?

Any opinions out there on the Centofante? Or how about the Viele...Another one I hear little spoken of...

Paul, I've had opportunity to handle all of these knives...and they're all great knives which is why I'm having such a hard time deciding. That's why I put the questions to fellow forrumites...to sort of get a "second" opinion from people who carry and use these knives on a regular basis...

I have all of the knives mentioned in this thread except for the Police. If I had to pick one of them to be daily carry and also take some hard EMS abuse, I'd go with the Starmate or the Wegner. The Military is an excellent knife but it's a little much to have in you shorts pocket when you go to the grocery. As for the Centofante and Viele, I feel that these are both excellent knives, but when things get down and dirty the handles don't offer much to prevent you from sliding a hand across the blade.

These are just my opinions, and keep in mind I've never done any EMS work. But for caving canoeing and hiking (my kind of stuff), I think from what I've seen, I'd go with a Wegner. It's just an all around solid knife with a comfortable grip and a very useful blade shape.

------------------
Chad Phelps, PharmD, RPh.
pillshovel@netscape.net

"The mind is a terrible thing to taste." Al Jourgensen 1989

I would have to vote on the large Wegner, BUT I would wait until it comes out with the Rolling Lock design. The current model is a great user, all around utility knife. I prefer the shape of the blade better than the Military. I haven't handled a Starmate, and the blade shape is sort of like a Wegner so I am sure it would be a nice, too.

Buy all three is a great solution, but that can get $$. At least you decided to correct company: thr problem is Spyderco makes a lot of VERY nice models. IMHO you can't go wrong with ANY Spyderco Product!
smile.gif
Enjoy and let us know which one you purchased 1st.

Ray 'md2020'

Back