Which Spyderco are you carrying today?

ZY81IrS.jpg

Nevermind the chicken of the woods, send some of those hallucinagetic oysters.
Hah
I think there is a way to capture spores off live mushrooms but I don’t know how to do it.
I appreciate the offer, but I live in Canada.
Some random mushrooms coming across the border might set off some red flags. ;)

It definitely wasn't an unpleasant experience at all, lol.

I don't know how to capture spores like that either...
No worries on the offer,
Seemed proper and appropriate to offer, so I did. Genuine & sincere of course.

I was thinking about that too - mailing Chicken of the woods across the border...

Back to which spyderco got carried today

50495809277_1694f10d44_k.jpg

My well worn PM2 in Nat/Jade G10 & DLC M4

u.w.

No worries on the offer,

I was thinking about that too - mailing Chicken of the woods across the border...

u.w.
I appreciate the offer.

I see you had the old safe queen out today.

I don't .

No worries on the offer,

u.w.
That PM2 is a piece of art!:):thumbsup:
May I ask, was it hard use only, or some sandpaper too? I used to have a black coated native, which didn't nearly came close to this look. But I just had it in use for some weeks...

Hey matfox, Thank You, and yes of course you may ask anything

I'd say most of the wear on that knife is just use. That said, I have laid the flats (primary grind?) of the blade down on my stones, raised the spine up just a tad and thinned it out a bit just behind the edge. It just effortlessly glides through stuff. Sharpens WAY faster too.

I do like PM2's, and carry one/use one often. The one in the photos gets carried more than any other. I use it pretty hard, and kind of like I don't like it at all (even though I do like it), which has resulted in the majority of the wear it has on it. To me, it's a yard knife and work knife, and I use it as such. I was out in the yard today, after work, cutting all manner of vines, saplings, branches, pieces for rain water catch barrels, weed eater string, and some zip ties. It's even field dressed/processed a few meals. At work it gets put through it's paces and more, every work day.

It's got a bit of "character", and has earned it's place.

Thanks for the kind words and question

u.w.

Hey matfox, Thank You, and yes of course you may ask anything

I'd say most of the wear on that knife is just use. That said, I have laid the flats (primary grind?) of the blade down on my stones, raised the spine up just a tad and thinned it out a bit just behind the edge. It just effortlessly glides through stuff. Sharpens WAY faster too.

I do like PM2's, and carry one/use one often. The one in the photos gets carried more than any other. I use it pretty hard, and kind of like I don't like it at all (even though I do like it), which has resulted in the majority of the wear it has on it. To me, it's a yard knife and work knife, and I use it as such. I was out in the yard today, after work, cutting all manner of vines, saplings, branches, pieces for rain water catch barrels, weed eater string, and some zip ties. It's even field dressed/processed a few meals. At work it gets put through it's paces and more, every work day.

It's got a bit of "character", and has earned it's place.

Thanks for the kind words and question

u.w.
Thank you, uncle willie.
That sounds good! Seems like you created a unique looking pocket lazer out of yours.:):thumbsup:

October mushrooms. I’ve heard about but never tried collecting spores, that after you pick them or even not pick them, you lay a piece of white notebook paper below them (cut a small circle out of the paper to fit around stem still attached, if picked no cut the paper and use the cap only, to fit the paper snugly around the stem under the cap). Wait 24 hours and the spores will fall onto the paper and can then be visible and then be collected by simply folding the paper up carefully.
View attachment 1439381

October mushrooms. I’ve heard about but never tried collecting spores, that after you pick them or even not pick them, you lay a piece of white notebook paper below them (cut a small circle out of the paper to fit around stem still attached, if picked no cut the paper and use the cap only, to fit the paper snugly around the stem under the cap). Wait 24 hours and the spores will fall onto the paper and can then be visible and then be collected by simply folding the paper up carefully.
View attachment 1439381
Thanks for the info.

Back