Which Swamp Rat Is your favorite?

These are the choices:

Camp tramps Large 12 1/2in
Ratweiler Large 13in

Which one is your favorite? Also if you know can you tell me approximately what I would have to pay for one with a sheath? Correct me if I am wrong about the size.

Last edited:
Ratweiller,Ratweiller,Ratweiller
hortonknives11071.jpg

I don't think the vex would work so well outside because it is made of D2 it could break more easily.

I have decided I'll just get both the Howling Fat and the Swamp Warden. This way I have a skeletonized knife and small outdoors knife. I still am deciding on the Large size ones though. So remember to tell me your favorite and average price each one would cost.

You listed two of my four favorites, the Tramp and the 'Weiler.

For the weight, you cannot beat the Tramp. If I had to pick only one for any situation it would be the Ratweiler.

For hiking, I going to go with a Tramp or a BRat. Here are my three favorite users...

DSC_5171.jpg

How much does a ratweiler or a camp tramp cost with a sheath?

you will have to find one on the secondary market, they no longer make those models. As for the Ratweiler (my current -until Waki comes out favorite) goes about 275-300 on the exchange, not sure on the camp tramps. Sheaths, that all depends on what you are looking for, there are plenty of kydex/leather benders here if you score one of the blades

Instead of the very pricey ratweiler, you might consider the chopweiler. There were some chopweilers for sale at BLADE, so it might not be too hard to find one on the exchange....

Chopweiler on top, Ratweiler on bottom (not my picture)

IMG_1052.jpg

I agree the M9LE is an amazing knife, but it's out of the OP's price range by quite a lot. I've seen them going for $300+ on the second hand market, with no sheath.

I wouldn't sell mine for 500 bucks - it's that good!

I have a Scrapper 6 and I really want to get a larger Swamprat or ScrapYard...anyone have a larger chopper that theyd trade for an S6?? haha

Back