Who all has..

Oh, there's a big surprise, Chuck having it. He probably has a half dozen of them!:D

A while back Dave Robertson posted and said that they had the very last 7 LMS blanks ready to have micarta put on.

I was the first to respond. I asked about tan micarta and Dave said no problem. 2 weeks after the tan LMS was at my door.

Bill

who is this "Dave Robertson" and do you think he has anymore of them left?

Dave worked for Busse about a year ago maybe more...

I think his title was VP of sales. If you do a search for his name, you will find his posts (including the one for the last 7 LMSs)

Needless to say that those 7 LMSs went faster than you can blink. It is my understanding that there were about 100 LMSs made.

I have often posted and asked how many tan LMSs are there. Somebody stated that there were less than 10 tan LMSs.

Anybody has more info?

Bill

Bill,
I don't have any more info than you've given, except to say that the LMS's are rare themselves and the Tan ones are even more so.

I only knew of 1WB's tan one before you posted this, now I know of 2(yours and his :D)

Is yours coated?

Eric,

Yes, mine is coated. THATMGUY has one as well (3 total)

The 7 LMS offer was in Feb 2001

BTW it is "Roberson" and not "Robertson"

Bill

Originally posted by Copis
Eric,

Is yours a Desert Warfare MS (DWMS) back from the "Prisco" days?

Bill

No, but I have one of those also. This one is crinkle coated, my DWMS is smooth coated.

I'll try to get some pics to show the differences. :D:D

There was 107 LMS's IIRC, don't know if the Tan handled LMS's
were in that count or not.:confused:

I know where another is from the " I have seven lms available", I know the seven were not all tan, I got one tan and one black.... I kept the tan one as my user...

Attachments

• lmstalon.jpg
    lmstalon.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 159
The DWMS, Desert Warfare Mean Street, is a different pup. It was, as far as I know, only found in 1/4" & 5/16".

I was wondering about the Lean Mean Street, which was 3/16" INFI.

tallpaul, like you, I got one of each colour originally, and kept the tan handled as my first "ain't many of these around" knife.

Just tryin to see how many "Brownies" there are.

Back