Who are the Great Tomahawk Makers?

Not a dude? So you're a female?

I'm garnering a negative reputation at Bragg? That's news to me. I doubt my presence would be tolerated by the QPs over at Professional Soldiers if I had a bad rep in the community. And one of my SF guys who was over at the house just a couple of weeks ago had nothing but good things to say. He was also quite happy with his new knife.

Again, sorry you feel the way you do, but like I said, I do what works for me. Been working just fine for the last six years. If people aren't comfortable paying in advance, they can always choose from my selection of available pieces, or contact one of my authorized dealers for current stock.

Sorry, not a Dude. Patronage of any member of the blade making community mandates that the fiscal practices and reputation of the builder are as important, if not more so, than the product. During the 26 years that I spent in the Army, with more than half of that in Special Forces, allowed us to purchase cutlery from the finest craftsman available. You are entitled to conduct your business as you deem fit. However, there is a right and wrong way of doing so. Your's is wrong and you are garnering an increasingly negative reputation at Ft Bragg.

Sorry, not a Dude. Patronage of any member of the blade making community mandates that the fiscal practices and reputation of the builder are as important, if not more so, than the product. During the 26 years that I spent in the Army, with more than half of that in Special Forces, allowed us to purchase cutlery from the finest craftsman available. You are entitled to conduct your business as you deem fit. However, there is a right and wrong way of doing so. Your's is wrong and you are garnering an increasingly negative reputation at Ft Bragg.

Someone can chime in here, because last I checked women were prohibited from serving in special forces.

Last edited:
Equinox Coronado. http://equinoxcoronado.com/ I own a number of Vec's hawks now and I swear by them. He uses Cold Steel heads primarily but he is usually happy to put one of his handles on a head supplied by a customer. His handles are extremely light, super strong and excellent to use for an extended period of time. One of my big gripes with many of the "tactical" type hawks is their weight. A solid steel handle may be tough, but it is waaaay to heavy to carry for an extended period of time.

I don't know about you, but none of the SF guys I've ever met are that sensitive... Buddy, pal, dude, man, and the like are a part of our modern vernacular. None of those words could even remotely be construed as offensive.

I think he is a guy that took offence to being called a dude.

I don't know about you, but none of the SF guys I've ever met are that sensitive... Buddy, pal, dude, man, and the like are a part of our modern vernacular. None of those words could even remotely be construed as offensive.

[youtube]9GgWrV8TcUc[/youtube]
Stop calling me dude.

Some people just don’t like to be called dude, like Officer Riviery. I know, I don’t get it as well. Some guys are sensitive.

Last edited:
I have one of John's hawks coming and I am looking forward to it..............I'm a Tactical Paramedic and the other non-sensitive dudes on my SWAT Team 'll be jealous......:D

Maybe its that time of the month.

I have a Warbeast model for Devin Price @ 2Hawks, I never had one from Bob but I know Devin took over the forge in the same way as his mentor and its a good quality hawk in both appearance and performance, plus Devin is nice to deal with and has a decent turn around time(which he came in under on both my hawk and knife purchases), so its a good choice. The price is kinda high but not ridiculous compared to some others especially for a tool with both tactical and backwoods abilities.

Got John's hawk-slash-ass beater.............Holy cow, I'm impressed. I never had anything over 1/4" thick like that? I mean, how the heck thick is this thing! Not only that it's small and ugly! Just like me!............well, I got it in the mail, took it outside to just try it out. Two hours later and an old apple tree chopped-to-matchsticks later...........I love it. I came in and had it in my hand and I figured, naaaa, this thing is going into my first line EDC pack. Can't leave it behind.

Ian McDevitt, EMT-P, Tactical Paramedic, Wilderness Paramedic, FARMEDIC, Author, TACTICAL MEDICINE.

Got John's hawk-slash-ass beater.............Holy cow, I'm impressed. I never had anything over 1/4" thick like that? I mean, how the heck thick is this thing! Not only that it's small and ugly! Just like me!............well, I got it in the mail, took it outside to just try it out. Two hours later and an old apple tree chopped-to-matchsticks later...........I love it. I came in and had it in my hand and I figured, naaaa, this thing is going into my first line EDC pack. Can't leave it behind.

Ian McDevitt, EMT-P, Tactical Paramedic, Wilderness Paramedic, FARMEDIC, Author, TACTICAL MEDICINE.

Glad you like it. Believe it or not, it is only 1/4" thick, just seems thicker because of it`s size.

001-29.jpg

002-25.jpg

001-33.jpg

Last edited:
Back