• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Who can finish out this Becker BK6 Patrol Machete?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up this very rare find the other day. Its a new, unfinished Camillus made Becker BK6. It has been hardened but needs finished out. Here a couple of pics. Any ideas who could finish this out for me with a full flat grind like the completed one and what this might cost? I might even consider a saber grind if thats less expensive. I spent more on this then it is probably worth so I need to keep the finishing expenses down if possible. Heres a few pics:

DSC01051.jpg

DSC01049.jpg

DSC02883.jpg

Well, I can't find anyone really interested in my BK6 blank that I recently picked up so I think I may keep it and have it finished out. The original BK6 is a full flat grind. With this one being substantially thicker in its raw state, I may look at having a Saber Grind put on this one to be like a bigger BK4. Any recommendations for someone to do the work? I posted in the exchange looking for someone to do the work but no one seems interested.

I'm thinking making this...

DSC01049.jpg

...have a grind like this might be the ticket. What do you guys think?

DSC01052.jpg

Krein would do the job I should think. I would say Bill Seigel, but I don't think hes taking orders right now.
Bark River would take it on, but they would make it to damn pretty and convexed.

Have you determined for sure if it's heat-treated or not?

I guess we will see if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back