Who carries a copperhead?

I like copperheads. I have more stockman knives but find little use for the spey and sheepfoot blades. I like the copper head because of two useful blades. I have a hen and rooster, rough rider and worstholm. They are a little large for carry other than in jeans tho. Anyone else like them.

RobbW

Gold Member
Try a Queen Copperhead. As a single-bladed knife, they are quite thin and pocketable. I don't have any of the two-bladed versions because they are too thick for me. I use mine all the time gardening: cutting tomato stakes and rope, plants, etc.

I've got one in amber carved stag bone. The scales are great, and the D2 takes a wickedly sharp, long-lasting edge.

I like copperheads. I have a two bladed Henckels stag, a two bladed Bulldog stag, a single bladed carved stag bone liner lock Queen 41L and a single bladed Queen 41 in stag. Never found the two bladed knives bulky at all; in fact they feel right tiny to me, I could dump three of them into each pocket and never know they were there. They make very good edc knives. I wish Queen would build some two bladed copperheads with the D2 steel and stag scales, I'd be snapping one up right quicklike.

sixgunner455

Gold Member
Have a wharncliffe copperhead and copperlock. Both get carried. I like that style quite a lot.

I have a bunch of them. Mostly Case, all 2 bladed. Looking for more. Never carried any of them. Later, Bob

The Copperhead(full size) is just about my favorite pattern..
Feels great in hand and look great too... :D

I"ve got a Case red bone cv copperhead (wharncliff) that I really like. I use it from time to time around the house but find it is a bit too long to carry on a regular basis. It is nice and slim, and that long blade is handy for food prep, it is just a bit big for edc is all, as I usally carry a peanut at work and a swaybackjack off-duty.

nifrand

Custom Knife Forum Mod
I've been carrying a copperhead since I was a boy.Pretty smooth.
Randy

I'm carrying a Boker Copperhead this week. It is bigger than I usually carry. I work in an office and hate bulky things in my pocket. It is borderline (size-wise) for me in my EDC rotation. I really want a Queen Single bladed for carry. For multi-blades, I actually prefer two different sized blades rather than two of the same size, but then again I have 2 trappers, a muskrat and the copperhead. My favorite is a Barlow for 2 blades.

tjg

Blues

hovering overhead
Staff member
Super Mod
I carry a Case 6249 CV from time to time and it's a fine knife. I also like Case's similar derivative patterns in locking form.

I used to have a nice Boker Appaloosa bone copperhead but it made its way to Texas to be carried in another pocket.

I also have a couple, three custom knives that are loosely based upon the copperhead/folding hunter patterns in both single and double bladed format.

Will Power

Gold Member
I have a Böker I use sometimes but I find it a touch too heavy and the blades a bit too similar..but a very nice looking knife.

For this reason I've ordered a Böker Copperliner which is single blade has a liner lock and thumb stud.Could be useful for gardening tasks, but it's taking a long time to arrive from the US and I can't yet say what it's like,getting a bit worried too....

Try a Queen Copperhead. As a single-bladed knife, they are quite thin and pocketable. I don't have any of the two-bladed versions because they are too thick for me. I use mine all the time gardening: cutting tomato stakes and rope, plants, etc.

I've got one in amber carved stag bone. The scales are great, and the D2 takes a wickedly sharp, long-lasting edge.

+1 :thumbup:
In an amazing Birds Eye Maple

xbxb

Basic Member
I carry a single blade Boker copperhead That was juiced up by Agustus88
here is a picture of his work.
CopperheadMod2.jpg

I carry a Copperlock quite frequently, as I really like the pattern. I have a couple, including a CV Wharncliff, and a Mini.

I also have a nice customized Case Copperhead, taken down to a single blade:

CustomCopperhead_100_0644.jpg

CustomCopperhead_100_0643.jpg

Finally, I have an Eye Brand double bladed Copperhead in stag that's just a little too thick and heavy for comfortable pocket carry. I like the slimness of the single blade models.

-- Sam

JHB

It's been a relatively quite week at work so no suits - carrying the a Boker copperhead today. It is a bit heavy but it is the knife that brought me into the world of traditional folders.

BJE

I just got a Queen Copperhead in amber bone a couple days ago from cumberland knife works. I really like this pattern, it is a first of its kind for me. It hasn't left my pocket yet, though I fear it will have to soon, I want to send it to Arkansas for a regrind. This won't be my last Copperhead.

Just got my first Copperhead yesterday. A Wostenholm IXL. It's been in my pocket since I opened the package and it ain't goin' anywhere soon. Bigger sturdier beast than I expected but well built. Gonna be a worker.:thumbup:

I also use and enjoy a Queen Single blade Copperhead in D2. Very sturdy, very sharp (after a bit of work), great fit and finish, etc, .... I trust this knife! It seems to be a "lil'bit" more solid than my Sodie. As for my next purchase, maybe a Case CV Trapper or Moose.........Something with a two blade option. M

I carry a Bill Ruple green bone Copperhead that I picked up in the exchange. Great little knife.:thumbup: