1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Who likes Drop Point Hunters?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by sceva, Nov 11, 2019.

1. tongueriver

tongueriver Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Just got this Canal Street integral in from Eric. cs2.jpg cs4.jpg

2. tongueriver

Dec 28, 2007
    Couple of Herman William's baubles. PH13.jpg whitey1.jpg PH 1 ramshorn Herman001.jpg PH 1 ramshorn Herman003.jpg

3. tongueriver

Dec 28, 2007
    The Cross is a drop point and that Bark River is a drop point or a spear or whatchacallit? I prefer it to the more heavily rounded cutting edge of a full-blown drop point (I think). aurora003.jpg

4. Llasi

Llasi Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 1, 2013
  5. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    I do like the lines on that one, David! Looks like it would be comfortable in the hand.:cool::thumbsup:
    That's a handsome knife!:)
    I like it! Seems like it would be a treat to carry!;):thumbsup:

6. Llasi

Mar 1, 2013
  7. Llasi

Mar 1, 2013
  8. tongueriver

Dec 28, 2007
    Randall 23. rt1.jpg

9. sunknife

sunknife Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2018
    I'm sure seeing a lot of knives I'd like to have in this thread, great looking knives fellas.

Heres a small LT Wright Frontier First model, around 5-3/4" overall, a handy little workhorse. LT Wright 1 - 1.jpg LT Wright 2 - 1.jpg

10. Just Tom.

Just Tom.

Apr 24, 2019
    This was an impulse purchase I made in the 1980’s sometime at a the now long-gone Trading Post sporting goods store. I am not a hunter, and have never used it for much. I did have it confiscated once while boarding a plane. They put it in an envelope and a stewardess put it in the closet with her purse and jacket. She handed it back to me as I got off at the end of the flight.
    [​IMG]

11. Lhpanther

Lhpanther Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 2, 2014
    My favorite blade shape. Here’s one that sets the bar in my opinion. A timeless classic from Bob Loveless. This pattern screams to be used in the hunting field in my opinion.

2929CDC8-92A5-466B-A594-2D1905751669.jpeg

12. tongueriver

Dec 28, 2007
    A real Loveless! Wow! Thumbs up!

13. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    I finally got a pic of the drop point my uncle made for me, oh, about 47 or so years ago. He used a blade sold by a company that sold many different patterns of blades that were ready to "handle" by dabbling, beginning cutlers. I think it was called Indian Ridge? or something like that.. it was pretty well known back in the 70's. Anyway, he made this one for me, and a different bladed one for my older brother. I had never gotten to use it when hunting... always something else nudging it aside.
    I carried it with me, along with my CS Master Hunter, last year and this year. I finally got to put it to use, cleaning, skinning, and boning out a medium sized 10 point last Saturday. It needs the edge touched up, but it did a great job all the way through...

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Wow, some real beauties here :cool: :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]