Who likes Drop Point Hunters?

MoX6SFs.jpg

AYP1rJf.jpg

Vintage Schrade PH1, based on a collaboration with Loveless. One of my absolute favorite knives.
I do like the lines on that one, David! Looks like it would be comfortable in the hand.:cool::thumbsup:
TK Steingass in CPM 154.
View attachment 1230815
That's a handsome knife!:)
Thanks Jeff. This LT Wright Frontier Valley deserves a nice photo. I am loving this ,my new fix blade EDC and field dressing knife.
JjNDbvG.jpg
I like it! Seems like it would be a treat to carry!;):thumbsup:

This was an impulse purchase I made in the 1980’s sometime at a the now long-gone Trading Post sporting goods store. I am not a hunter, and have never used it for much. I did have it confiscated once while boarding a plane. They put it in an envelope and a stewardess put it in the closet with her purse and jacket. She handed it back to me as I got off at the end of the flight.
7FCgyp0.jpg

I finally got a pic of the drop point my uncle made for me, oh, about 47 or so years ago. He used a blade sold by a company that sold many different patterns of blades that were ready to "handle" by dabbling, beginning cutlers. I think it was called Indian Ridge? or something like that.. it was pretty well known back in the 70's. Anyway, he made this one for me, and a different bladed one for my older brother. I had never gotten to use it when hunting... always something else nudging it aside.
I carried it with me, along with my CS Master Hunter, last year and this year. I finally got to put it to use, cleaning, skinning, and boning out a medium sized 10 point last Saturday. It needs the edge touched up, but it did a great job all the way through...

ivf64T.jpg
ivfkrz.jpg

ivfTX5.jpg

Back