Recommendation? Who makes a good fixed karambit?

I've found fox knives now... there aren't that many knives with my requirement of double edge.

My next question is, are the folding karambits reliable lock wise? Frame or liner? I've found both. I prefer fixed but now that double edge seems to be difficult to find, I'm somewhat open to folding.
Brands?
CRKT Provoke kinetic folder. Its a folding karambit that can't close on your fingers.
Oh I know how it's used, I just find it funny when people gear up like they are going into a war zone and they live somewhere relatively safe. Got my pistol, 12 spare mags, a combat knife, my specialty martial arts knife, my back up knife and a Leatherman in case I need to disarm a nuke. Now it's safe to go buy some milk.

Gives me the chuckles, that's all.

Not everywhere in CT is "relatively safe". There are plenty of places where if you need help you are on your own as the cops are only a half hour away.....especially if you live east of the river.....and ever been to certain parts of Bridgeport or Hartford? Relatively safe isn't exactly the term that applies......although a karambit isn't exactly what you want to be carrying....something in 9mm would be preferable...

Not everywhere in CT is "relatively safe". There are plenty of places where if you need help you are on your own as the cops are only a half hour away.....especially if you live east of the river.....and ever been to certain parts of Bridgeport or Hartford? Relatively safe isn't exactly the term that applies......although a karambit isn't exactly what you way to be carrying....something in 9mm would be preferable...
Yes, I've been to Hartford. I also used to live in the bad part of Baltimore so I understand unsafe areas.

That thing is a beast, but good luck finding one at a reasonable price.
I hope one pops up on the exchange for a reasonable price someday. I would have to get really lucky to snag it. I have had a pretty close eye on the Busse kin for sale thread for the last 2 years. I can’t remember seeing one for sale.

Hey guys. Wondering who makes a good quality fixed karambit. Both edges sharpened, ring, hooked blade, etc.

I make karambits. My customers tell me they're good.

Here's a couple examples: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/partial-tang-karambit-concept.1732479/#post-19902810

I currently have a few of those to finish up in AEB-L, but orders in the books take precedence. Eventually I'll have time to play with those, maybe sooner if I get an order for one. ;)

I've found fox knives now... there aren't that many knives with my requirement of double edge.

My next question is, are the folding karambits reliable lock wise? Frame or liner? I've found both. I prefer fixed but now that double edge seems to be difficult to find, I'm somewhat open to folding.
Brands?
Use Google, search for "Ethnic Karambit Traditional Knife".

Read up on karambit use as well as how it's used in Filipino martial arts...

As far as the comment in ct. Should I not carry a firearm either since I live in ct?

I did look it up after I posted that comment.
I understand the application for it.
A buddy at work told me about that, I didn't pay it much attention at the time.

Hope you find one you like !

Oh I know how it's used, I just find it funny when people gear up like they are going into a war zone and they live somewhere relatively safe. Got my pistol, 12 spare mags, a combat knife, my specialty martial arts knife, my back up knife and a Leatherman in case I need to disarm a nuke. Now it's safe to go buy some milk.

Props to you, I buy what I like. I don't know much about the quality of the blades out there so I figured I'd come ask. To each their own. If you have nothing productive to add to my information gathering, move on please.

I make karambits. My customers tell me they're good.

Here's a couple examples: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/partial-tang-karambit-concept.1732479/#post-19902810

I currently have a few of those to finish up in AEB-L, but orders in the books take precedence. Eventually I'll have time to play with those, maybe sooner if I get an order for one. ;)
I don't believe I can message on here anymore since they changed that to paying members. I miss the old BF... anyways, how do I get in contact with you without opening up a thread for conversation?

Feel free to send an email to the email address in my sig.

Props to you, I buy what I like. I don't know much about the quality of the blades out there so I figured I'd come ask. To each their own. If you have nothing productive to add to my information gathering, move on please.
Ok here's something productive: click on desktop site or switch to desktop view in your mobile browser so you can see David Mary's sig and his profile. Also works with pictures that sometimes will not load.

Here is his email address David dot Mary dot 12 dot 1 at gmail

Ok here's something productive: click on desktop site or switch to desktop view in your mobile browser so you can see David Mary's sig and his profile. Also works with pictures that sometimes will not load.

Here is his email address David dot Mary dot 12 dot 1 at gmail
Thank you (no sarcasm)

emerson if you don't mind a chisel grind, microtech's iconic is good, bastinelli has a couple good choices --- avoid mantis knives!

personal side note, fox knives makes a killer folding karambit knife for 120.00 USD, its been featured in the "Shooter" tv show (Fox Karambit 479)
own and use that one, no blade play, thick liner lock, very impressed

LMAO! That was funny!

Others here reminded me of Bastinelli, they also make nice fixed karambits.
I have a Bastinelli dagger and it's high quality.
I'd expect the same from one of their karambits :thumbsup:

Back