Recommendation? Who makes a good fixed karambit?

I've never owned a karambit. But I've always been curious about them.

They seem to me to be pure fighting knives. Are there any other uses for them??

Depending on the model, you can use them for some tasks you'd use a hawkbill for. I played with a Bastinelli Kalinou, and it made a great box opener, and an ok rope cutter (light rope), but it will never take the place of a utility folder.

Last edited:
Bastinelli will be a good entry level. A2D Mercantile makes a double edged karambit that I'm probably going to buy one night after drinks. The Microtech/Bastinelli Iconic is also very reasonably priced. RMJ has a great one too. Name escapes me right now, but it's priced really well.

I've been kinda hooked on ringed fixies the past month after buying a Borka SRambit and spinning it daily (I'm gonna cut myself). Also picked up a Bastinelli Pica, and it's really fun to play with. Thinking of building a permanent sheath in my work boots for it.

As an electrician I've found good use for them at work. If you look at old time slip joints, the "Electrician" models always had a similar blade shape to karambits. I find it's nice for opening boxes, popping banding straps, great for stripping cable. I've found more EDC uses than I expected.

I ordered one from David mary customs :)

Your knife is in the mail now my friend, and you have my sincerest thanks! I'll tag you on my post in this thread about IWB carry once I get the tutorial made, hopefully before your knife arrives - still looking for my paracord haha.
IMG_8510.JPG
IMG_8505.JPG
IMG_8507.JPG
IMG_8509.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Martin! But it's certainly nothing to wish damnation on anyone over. :confused:

My sense of humor is perfectly intact, it just doesn't include certain things or certain expressions.

Back