Who Scored an XM-24 at Blade?

I saw one of Ricks tee shirts sell for $1200.00

Great Blade Show 2010!

Yes, that was me and it was a hat, not a t-shirt. (hehe) Here's my new XM-24, CF scale, full custom, only ano'd 24:

XM-24.jpg

XM-24b.jpg

And the titan scale has visible discoloration! :D:D:D

GREAT SCORE! Congrats! :)

I think the hat and knife are well worth $1200. Enjoy that beastly knife!!!

Can you tell us how many XM-24's there were for sale?

Hopefully we see some XM-24 themed raffles after the crew winds down after Blade.

There were about 40 for "sale." He held a lottery where a red deck and a blue deck of cards were used as tickets. You ripped your card in half and put the half you didn't keep in a basket for a drawing. Winning gave you the opportunity to choose from what was left. My card was called second on Sat, and i scored a custom XM-18 with CF scales and what i'm calling (i think i heard them say it) a "swanto" blade...it's so sweet.

JohnnyTX, Thank you for posting the number of xm-40's that were for sale. There was another guy on USN that scored two customs at Blade. I thought there would have been more interest in the knives and thus only one custom per person. We need photos of that swanto, please!

JohnnyTX, Thank you for posting the number of xm-40's that were for sale. There was another guy on USN that scored two customs at Blade. I thought there would have been more interest in the knives and thus only one custom per person. We need photos of that swanto, please!

Don't think that just because one guy walked away with two customs didn't mean that there wasn't interest- it's luck of the draw. Both decks of cards for Saturday's lottery were gone in less than 45 minutes. I'd say that's a fair amount of interest! Hinderer could almost do a lottery to get into a lottery with all the interest around his folders!

To clarify, it was a bit hard to tell how many there were all together, I'm guessing about 20-25 each day. About 10 or so of those were the 24s. About 1/3 of the knifes were custom (hand ground/finished by Hinderer). the cards he tore in half for the lottery were gone each day in about 30 minutes. The guy that snagged a couple had his wife and kids take cards that ended up hitting. There were a couple of guys that ended up with more than one card and more than one folder.

I can understand the guy who picked up two because his wife and kids got cards. Maybe the other guys got two custom knives on two separate days? If it was on one day, that doesn't seem fair. I thought there was only one card per person per day. I guess those guys got super loucky on both days. If I get the opportunity to go to blade, I will be waiting in line early to get one of those cards.

To clarify, it was a bit hard to tell how many there were all together, I'm guessing about 20-25 each day. About 10 or so of those were the 24s. About 1/3 of the knifes were custom (hand ground/finished by Hinderer). the cards he tore in half for the lottery were gone each day in about 30 minutes. The guy that snagged a couple had his wife and kids take cards that ended up hitting. There were a couple of guys that ended up with more than one card and more than one folder.

Yes, that family was astoundingly fortunate. At least 4 wins ... maybe 5.

Back