Who Scored an XM-24 at Blade?

There were 9 XM-24's total.

The lucky family not only did well in our lottery, but totally cleaned up in the Emerson lottery also. I think by Saturday evening they were sitting on 8-9 custom folders!

Ok, well I feel like a tard asking this but is the XM-24 just a bigger version of the XM-18?

There were 9 XM-24's total.

The lucky family not only did well in our lottery, but totally cleaned up in the Emerson lottery also. I think by Saturday evening they were sitting on 8-9 custom folders!

Holy Moly!:eek:

Wonder how I missed that 9th XM-24?? Dehydration? Or perhaps just the crowd ... ;)

I was there early and pulled the second card off the first deck for Saturday's draw...there was a long line even before the crew hit the booth!! Blue king of spades...good enough to score the second to last XM-24 :) Sorry, no pix yet. I flew, but it didn't. When it catches up with me, I'll post some of it and it's twin 3" XM-18 scored the day before. Both are custom high grind flippers with black G-10. :thumbup:

Last edited:
I scored kind of one from Blade.I bought it from a dealer who scored.I stumbled on it by accident and didn't hesitate.It was high on my wishlist.That or an other 3.5" custom

I can't post pics yet,but I will when it arrives or if the dealer forwards me a pic.
It's a CF scaled slicer grind with flipper.I don't know yet what the Ti finishing is.

Edit:I received some pics...
XM-24.jpg

XM-242.jpg

Last edited:
I scored a Spanto XM-24 , with Carbon fiber:thumbup: It Flips like a dream !!! Thanks Rick and Rob , I will post some pics when it gets here.

I was there early and pulled the second card off the first deck for Saturday's draw...there was a long line even before the crew hit the booth!! Blue king of spades...good enough to score the second to last XM-24 :) Sorry, no pix yet. I flew, but it didn't. When it catches up with me, I'll post some of it and it's twin 3" XM-18 scored the day before. Both are custom high grind flippers with black G-10. :thumbup:

[hypnotize]"look into my eyes Jaxx, now say with me: I have to many 3" xm-18's... I should give one to Fisk..."[/hypnotize]
;)

I scored kind of one from Blade.I bought it from a dealer who scored.I stumbled on it by accident and didn't hesitate.It was high on my wishlist.That or an other 3.5" custom

I can't post pics yet,but I will when it arrives or if the dealer forwards me a pic.
It's a CF scaled slicer grind with flipper.I don't know yet what the Ti finishing is.

Edit:I received some pics...
XM-24.jpg

XM-242.jpg

How much was the Monkey Depot cost on that knife? If you don't mind my asking...

You can email me if you don't want to respond in here. :p:D:thumbup:

I grabbed one of the last 3 cards for the lottery on Friday ...Lucky Blue 7 of Spades :D. Nabbed an XM-18 3" Gen III flippers with black/green scale. I've been after a XM-18 for quite a while now. Not a custom hand grind, but a Hinderer XM-18 all the same :thumbup:. Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

-ROOK-

His pricing was correct imo.It was a tad more than Rick's price:eek:
I won't go in details,but:
1 It's his living
2 If I had to fly to blade or any other show that would cost me way more.Knowing that scoring one is very difficult my choice was quickly made.
What it's worth is up to the buyer.But in my search I've seen 3 in total.One was $100 more and had G-10 instead of CF.They were all gone in a short time.
3 Once you have the knife you forget about the cost and the joy over it's quality remains.If you buy a crappy $100 knife it makes you think of the $ you wasted every time you see it.

You forgot to mention nearly pissing your pants in excitement! :D It was great to meet you and have the chance to shoot the shit for a while.

You forgot to mention nearly pissing your pants in excitement! :D

Isn't that the TRUTH :D!!! I had to look at the card I had several times to make sure it was correct. Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

"Note to self ... When entering Rick Hinderer Lottery, Wear Depends":D!!!

-ROOK-

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Good info. Just trying to get a feel of what secondary market prices on these knives should be. So long as it isn't the normal for people to be selling them for over double the table cost! :barf:

Thanks for that info!

His pricing was correct imo.It was a tad more than Rick's price:eek:
I won't go in details,but:
1 It's his living
2 If I had to fly to blade or any other show that would cost me way more.Knowing that scoring one is very difficult my choice was quickly made.
What it's worth is up to the buyer.But in my search I've seen 3 in total.One was $100 more and had G-10 instead of CF.They were all gone in a short time.
3 Once you have the knife you forget about the cost and the joy over it's quality remains.If you buy a crappy $100 knife it makes you think of the $ you wasted every time you see it.

You forgot to mention nearly pissing your pants in excitement! :D It was great to meet you and have the chance to shoot the shit for a while.

Oh, yes. That's Jaxx, alright.

Watching him score a great knife is almost as fun as doing it yourself.:D

Almost.:)

Whadduya mean nearly?? :foot::foot: ;) :D LMAO! ...But seriously, I'm still blown away that I got my hands on one of 'em...I rode that euphoric high for 2 days, easy!!
T'was great to meet & chat with you too, Rob! :):thumbup:

Back