Test ad

Who sells a wide selection of slipjoints?

Which brick and mortar retailers have a diverse line of slipjoints available? Country Knives has a wide array of Queen/SM and Case knives, not much else (yeah, their prices are high). Edgeworks has a display of Case knives, a few Buck slipjoints, a few other slipjoints. Willey knives has a Queen and Case selection, but not a lot of others. I realize that slipjoints are not big business, knives that are not moving but taking up shelf space do not turn dollars. I spend my money with all three stores, and have had good dealings with all three. Who has a good selection of slipjoints?

Tesky's Saddle Shop in Weatherford, TX primarily focuses on Case, but they also have a selection of Queen/SM, Canal Street, Boker, and Texas Cutlery.

For Case knives you probably can't beat Shepherd Hills Cutlery, the largest Case dealer. They carry the full Case line, as well as exclusives. You can order online, or they have three physical locations. They also sell Buck and Victorinox at their store.

I've never been to their store, but Smoky Mountain Knife Works has a very good online selection.

All of the knives in AG Russell's catalogs, including The Cutting Edge, can be seen at their showroom, if you're ever near NW Arkansas.

The BassPro a little south of you has some Case some Buck and maybe a few others. The Cabelas in PA may or may not have some. I'm not sure how far you are but may be worth a phone call. Good luck.

New Graham and just so you know Mike and the bunch are a great group of people. And there is smoky mountain knife works but I like Mike's store better in person and you get personal service on top of that. I have found smkw a bit too impersonal.

Last edited:

brownshoe

I support this site with my MIND
I'll second Country Knives, Grand Praire and New Graham. If you are ever in MO, Shepherd Hills Cutlery is a full service Case dealer.

OK, Knife Center here in College Park, will let you walk in by appointment. I think it's basically just to pick up your online/phone purchase. There is no in person sales people or display cases or such. They have a decent selection and I spent about 10 or 15 minutes in their office one time. Not too far a drive. Good luck.