Who still carries a Case Knife?

toda1699.jpg

.... and I have my whiskey bone with me today... sort of odd, it looks like 2 or 3 different tang stamps on the ones recently posted here, but all have the same shield. If I read it right, mine is a 98 or 99... these are all recycled pics, but these are in the pockets today...

Is1MYb.jpg

also the mellow yellow sowbelly.....

IGgjlr.jpg

and in the watch pocket, the stag swayback jack....

Zx2mLM.jpg

429.jpg

I had read a document on Case punch dating but I don't remember where and I confess I have forgotten everything. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ :oops:
I bought mine in April 2021

As I've said before here (or on another thread), I really like this knife. It is for me perfect as a pocket knife. Weight/size/pocket space ratio. Ergonomics of the handle, size of the blade. πŸ‘Œ
It is often in my pocket when I need to carry it discreetly in town or in light pants. ;)

Loving the Whiskey Bone Tribal Locks. :)

Mine is a 2018 if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly. Lines up with when I purchased it, right after I got back into Traditionals. One of my most carried and most used.
original.jpg
I don't know..... your stamp has the "USA" under the Case XX, same as mine.... the 2010 to 2019's don't have the "USA" on them...
according to the chart I look at, that would be the same time frame as mine... '93-'99....... but I am in no way an authority on Case stamps. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Green looking Tribal lock Gordon, that patina matches the shield, very cool!
πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

Thanks. Took about 2.5 years of food cutting to even out. Although sometimes I think I've been leaving food juices on blades too long before wiping off - my CV Pen blades are very dark gray, almost turning black.

I don't know..... your stamp has the "USA" under the Case XX, same as mine.... the 2010 to 2019's don't have the "USA" on them...
according to the chart I look at, that would be the same time frame as mine... '93-'99....... but I am in no way an authority on Case stamps. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

I think there are sometimes variations - like Corto Malt's Whiskey above looks like a 2020 but the S in Case isn't the lightning design. According to Case 2021 Product Guide, the Lightning S was used after the '70s, but the dot markings on his are the 2020 marks.

Just checked. All my Tribal Locks have USA on the tang. As do several others (Mini Copperlocks, Trapperlock) while the Pens, Barlows and Tear Drops do not. All of mine are recent production (2010 - 2021). edit - single-blade Copperheads and single-blade Barehead Trapper also do not have USA on the tang.

Last edited:
429.jpg

I had read a document on Case punch dating but I don't remember where and I confess I have forgotten everything. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ :oops:

As I've said before here (or on another thread), I really like this knife. It is for me perfect as a pocket knife. Weight/size/pocket space ratio. Ergonomics of the handle, size of the blade. πŸ‘Œ
It is often in my pocket when I need to carry it discreetly in town or in light pants. ;)
Great point Corto, for such a large knife it does carry very discreetly. πŸ‘
Thanks. Took about 2.5 years of food cutting to even out. Although sometimes I think I've been leaving food juices on blades too long before wiping off - my CV Pen blades are very dark gray, almost turning black.
I’ve had a SS for awhile, but never carried it. I got a CV this summer and it gets carried and used a lot. I tend to leave the juices on for a long time to!πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

429.jpg

The Case 2021 Product Guide has a page near the end of the guide with tang stamp info.

https://caseknives.com/blogs/news/case-2021-product-guide

Back