Who to check out at the Atlanta Bladeshow!

mitchnola

Platinum Member
Heading to the Atlanta Bladeshow this year. I’ve been collecting knives for a few years now but just started digging my bank account and myself deep into the custom/midtech hole! Wanted to get some insight from the expansive expertise of this wonderful forum on some custom/midtech makers that I should be checking out that I’ve probably never heard of. It’s a huge show with so many makers/companies that I want to make sure to try to spend my time wisely checking out the most worthy of the knives there. I’m primarily interested in modern/tactical folders. Let me know your suggestions and I’ll put em on my list. Thanks to all that respond!!

I really wanted to go, and had planned on it, but things didn't end up working out. Maybe next year, or Blade show Texas. However, I used the money I was going to spend on hotels, travel, and possibly a knife, to buy a custom Alan Davis, and order another custom.

I went to bladeshow dallas this year. Had a great time but think I missed out on some makers that I shouldn’t have missed. Just trying not to make the same mistake. Congratulations on ya purchase, going to check him out now. Thanks

Will do thanks for the heads up. I checked out alan parson. He makes some great stuff and wide range. Unfortunately he won’t be at the show.

My son and I are going to Atlanta for our first show this year also. I plan on being there all three days and hope we can make it through it all

My son and I are going to Atlanta for our first show this year also. I plan on being there all three days and hope we can make it through it all
Based off that floor plan it’s gonna take all three days. That’s why I’m looking for any pointers on who to look for. I went to Dallas this past year and it’s a great time but this show is 3x’s the size! Good luck with ya trip, hope ya score some sweet blades!

Don Hanson III, Jodie Miller, Michael Zeiba, Gustavo Cecchini, Eugene Shadley, Fred Merz, but most of all look for someone not yet “discovered” and discover them yourself :)

Don Hanson III, Jodie Miller, Michael Zeiba, Gustavo Cecchini, Eugene Shadley, Fred Merz, but most of all look for someone not yet “discovered” and discover them yourself :)
The current issue of Blade has a directory of exhibitors. The only person you mentioned that actually has a table booked is Michael Zieba.

See if the legendary Scott Cook and his apostle Michael Raymond are attending. I believe Scott was the first person to make an integral folder. And years later Michael started making them.

There's a ton of names that would interest me, but I think it depends a lot on taste, so I won't just list my favorites.

Thanks for the suggestions, I m looking forward to checking all these guys out, show or no show!

See if the legendary Scott Cook and his apostle Michael Raymond are attending. I believe Scott was the first person to make an integral folder. And years later Michael started making them.
Thanks, checking now. I’ll keep you posted.

There's a ton of names that would interest me, but I think it depends a lot on taste, so I won't just list my favorites.
Please do, I’m all about checking out guys I’ve never heard of. We might have the same tastes or maybe I’ll acquire a little.

So neither will be at the show, unless they operate under a company name?

Ok, it's not that late, here's a few (and apologies to many great ones I'm skipping over)
Bertie Rietveld - table 3I
Bruce Bump - table 13N
Fry - 7Q
Hogstrom -3C
Regel -11R
Laurent - 11S
CPK -4B
Rhea -3O
Lisch - 9S
Cashen - 1Q
Royer - 1S
There's many more, you'll have a great time!

Back