Who to check out at the Atlanta Bladeshow!

Ok, it's not that late, here's a few (and apologies to many great ones I'm skipping over)
Bertie Rietveld - table 3I
Bruce Bump - table 13N
Fry - 7Q
Hogstrom -3C
Regel -11R
Laurent - 11S
CPK -4B
Rhea -3O
Lisch - 9S
Cashen - 1Q
Royer - 1S
There's many more, you'll have a great time!
Thanks bro, I’m going to check em all out. I’ll tryto update ya after the show. Gonna try to see what I can find online in the meantime. Much appreciated!

I really wanted to go, and had planned on it, but things didn't end up working out. Maybe next year, or Blade show Texas. However, I used the money I was going to spend on hotels, travel, and possibly a knife, to buy a custom Alan Davis, and order another custom.
Buying a knife or two from Alan is ALWAYS a great idea!!

In my experience if you really want hot ticket customs or midtechs, Blade is probably not the best place. Too much fierce competition, people waiting in line for 5-6 hours and running to be first. Also a lot of the most popular makers don't sell at blade, as they already have channels that work for them and often cannot keep up with demand as it is. Blade just in my experience is a lot of production and small time makers. It feels more commercial in the last couple years than it was in the past.

I’ve been to Blade Show 4 or 5 times now. Every year, I have a game plan of who I want to check out that gets thrown out the window as soon as I go through the doors. There’s so much to see. It’s an overwhelming but awesome experience.

In my experience if you really want hot ticket customs or midtechs, Blade is probably not the best place. Too much fierce competition, people waiting in line for 5-6 hours and running to be first. Also a lot of the most popular makers don't sell at blade, as they already have channels that work for them and often cannot keep up with demand as it is. Blade just in my experience is a lot of production and small time makers. It feels more commercial in the last couple years than it was in the past.

Let's be very objectively clear here. All of this is correct. The hottest, and absolutely most desirable knives at BLADE will be gone before the doors open to the general public on Friday because:

A. They sold in person from the maker's knife roll to someone (a top money collector, or dealer "friend" like ebosshoss for example) on Thursday night in the pit.
B. They sold Friday morning to a maker or dealer who all get to walk around BLADE before the doors open on Friday (even early entry).
C. Whatever top tier stuff is left is sold in the first five minutes to an army of black tee-shirted bearded dudes who all rush in as soon as the doors open.

There's still a ton of awesome knives to look at, buy, and such, and makers to meet, friends to see. But if you were looking for something mega desirable (or the hottest thing on Instagram right now), sorry man, you probably aren't going to score at that level.

Let's be very objectively clear here. All of this is correct. The hottest, and absolutely most desirable knives at BLADE will be gone before the doors open to the general public on Friday because:

A. They sold in person from the maker's knife roll to someone (a top money collector, or dealer "friend" like ebosshoss for example) on Thursday night in the pit.
B. They sold Friday morning to a maker or dealer who all get to walk around BLADE before the doors open on Friday (even early entry).
C. Whatever top tier stuff is left is sold in the first five minutes to an army of black tee-shirted bearded dudes who all rush in as soon as the doors open.

There's still a ton of awesome knives to look at, buy, and such, and makers to meet, friends to see. But if you were looking for something mega desirable (or the hottest thing on Instagram right now), sorry man, you probably aren't going to score at that level.
Yep. Totally agree. Also, there is a chance you get picked on a lotto and walk out with a rare one! He's a Richard Rodgers I scored last year.IMG_20220922_102452_320.jpg

My son and I are going to Atlanta for our first show this year also. I plan on being there all three days and hope we can make it through it all
Prepare to be amazed!!!! This will be my third year with my son. Have gone all 3 days each year and still didn’t have enough time to see everything. It’s a staggering amount of blades!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I could certainly see that, especially compared to the past. I’ve only been to the Dallas show this past yr and it was quite an experience. I have to admit I was a little taken a back by the popularity and the early birds sprinting….tor something. But the atmosphere was great and everyone was very friendly. While the corporate presence was their, there was also way more small lil makers with a single table and a handful of knives. Any of which may be the next hot thing. Admittedly there are way more fixed blades then folders, escpecially complex mid techs and custom folders but there were a more than a few I never heard of but I’m also no guru or sprinter. Regardless I think it’s a great time and anyone into knives should attend at least once.

Prepare to be amazed!!!! This will be my third year with my son. Have gone all 3 days each year and still didn’t have enough time to see everything. It’s a staggering amount of blades!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome, I can’t wait. Its so much bigger than dallas!! Gonna go hard. Only my second show but thinking about getting there early, maybe have a couple bloody marys and chair!!!

I’ve been to Blade Show 4 or 5 times now. Every year, I have a game plan of who I want to check out that gets thrown out the window as soon as I go through the doors. There’s so much to see. It’s an overwhelming but awesome experience.
Hahaha
Thats why I started this thread! To try to have some game plan!

Yea, i get that but not looking for ulta collector item’s just maybe some makers I haven’t heard of.
For the record, I am bearded but probably won’t have a black shirt, camo or tactical gear on me.

I do plan on hitting up the lotto’s. Won one last year but missed out cause we had already left.

Wilmont Knives -- he makes great knives.
The first year I went I walked quickly through all the rows; then I went back and looked at what had caught my eye. Plus I stopped at the booths/tables I knew I wanted to see. I bought a t-shirt from the Bladeforums table which I still have and it's never been worn. Of course, back then I wore a large. These days, extra-large. 😂

Here’s a pic of lil score I got in Dallas. It’s my first hinderer. It’s one of five designed by the production team for the Dallas show. It’s a xm 18 3” with a awesome beaded blast slicer blade, walnut scales and copper hardware.

Attachments

• 1683857570010.jpeg
    1683857570010.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 2
Wilmont Knives -- he makes great knives.
The first year I went I walked quickly through all the rows; then I went back and looked at what had caught my eye. Plus I stopped at the booths/tables I knew I wanted to see. I bought a t-shirt from the Bladeforums table which I still have and it's never been worn. Of course, back then I wore a large. These days, extra-large. 😂
Just checked em out. Will definitely find em at the show. Thanks

Back