Who was looking for a Shiva Rex?

littlehoot

Gold Member
I was certain I saw a wtb ad for one a few days ago.

If whomever was looking will contact me, i have a line on one

Rather, a sincere attempt to help someone. Was not looking to sell.
I would not have posted on my own.
My sincere apologies for the technical violation. I understand now.

Thank you Kenneth, no worries :thumbsup:
Hard to draw a line between what appears to be someone sincerely trying to match an ISO/WTB with what they have been searching for, & what appears to be thread piggyback sales fishing to the reader. No one's in a jam, just posting a reminder on the line :)

Love my Shiva Rex, it's def NFS lol ;):DFB_IMG_1579300391651.jpg FB_IMG_1579300478257.jpg

Yeah, I saw a WTB in the busses exchange and couldn't find it again...I had seen a guy on FB trying to sell one; and since not everyone is on both sites, and since the Shiva is one you don't normally see...I was only trying to connect the two.

Very interesting story about this knife but I can not find it, or post a link
Maybe Garth or Jerry can help out?

Props for littlehoot littlehoot for looking out for someone in search of something. I'm sure we've all been there, looking for something, just for that same something to slip through our radar in a different place, and not notice until it's just a tad too late!

Kenneth F Huls Kenneth F Huls has been, and is a class act :thumbsup: I appreciate seeing you try to help a fellow out, and am glad no one is "in a jam".

Good for Jaxx Jaxx to ask and check intentions before assuming! A great sign of a wonderful forum is the integrity of its members :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Would this be known as fishing for sales in a discussion forum? :confused:
Certainly the 2nd post...

I thought that was explicitly not against the rules for gold members. Hell, it’s not against the rules for gold members or above to post items for sale in their sigs, and those are on every post.

Might need to check the bylaws on that.

1-23? That’s a great date for a birthday, brother!:thumbsup:
Yeah same number as my SE's and LE's...Simple as 1..2..3

The only other January Birthdate I celebrate is January 8th....Elvis's Birthday...Haaaw Haaaw...I refuse to work on Elvis's Birthday:cool::cool::cool:

Imcq784, I am humbled by your kind words of support. JAXX was, indeed, acting with admirable restraint as a moderator (neither an easy nor fun job - I mean, who likes IA?!), but I was nevertheless embarrassed and chagrined by my apparent and unknowing misstep. I went to the Exchange and the WTB’s and could not find a post, so I chimed in just in case it might help someone out. I did so impulsively without checking the rules as it did not dawn on me that a reply would be a problem, while a I knew intuitively that actually putting up a FS/“fishing” post in the discussion forum would be a no-go.
Sadly, being a lawyer by education and training (let the hate begin!), I cannot help but to now go and parse the “law.” :)

The Shiva Rex is really mad genius. One looks at it and would be perfectly excused in thinking, “WTF?!?!” All weird angles and psycho grinds. It is like nothing else and the last thing one thinks is how ergo it looks. Well, you just gotta hold one, man. Never held a finer hide out/boot knife in 40 years of using and, yes, collecting fine blades.

Given my nature (one must be true to thyself), I of course ultimately broke out the slow grinder and “fixed” the butt/hilt. The hilt oddly juts out in my mind for a hide out. The bright metal catches the eye when in concealment, it tended to snag on clothes, and the physics were off for a pommel strike (though it would create a hella gash if swept across the face), so off it went. I kept it flush with the triangular in-line point of the slabs. No sacrifice in grip, conceals better, no snags on the draw, and now has a direct impact path for a pommel strike as a pointy yarawa stick. Nice!

Will post pics if interested.

Very interesting story about this knife but I can not find it, or post a link
Maybe Garth or Jerry can help out?

This one?

. . . .Years ago (Early 1996) I made a very unusual custom blade for a very discreet group. . . It is a design for up close and personal work. . . They had very specific ideas about this design. It looks very little like any other publicly offered Busse blades. . . it is VERY angular!. . . I made enough for the group and told them that I would retire the design for 10 years. . . . Long story short. . . Garth finds the design. . . says, "Wow! that's cool!" I say, "Put 'em down junior, they're too hard to make!". . . He laughs. . . says something about me being 'too old' . . . I break an empty bottle of scotch over his head. . . He turns around and asks, "Why is there broken glass all over the shop floor??". . . . :confused:. . . I stand in wonder at his meteor-like coconut and tell him, "Don't worry about it. . . just go make one and then admit in front of the rest of your crew that you don't have the mad skills required to do it on a blade this small like the Boss can!". . .

This should be really interesting. It seems odd to many, but it is much easier to do a bunch of grinds on a larger blade than it is on one that is so small. . . There are lots of little grinds and facets and angles in a very small EDC sized blade that can punch through body armor like it's made out of butter!!!. . . .

So, he's in there right now cursing up a storm. . . kinda fun from this end. . . .

I don't expect much but I will keep you informed of his nightmare as it progresses. . .

"Shiva" is the name given to the most recent asteroid to have been creditied with bringing down T-Rex and the rest of the dinosaurs . . . We call Garth "G-Rex" around the shop, so the name "Shiva Rex" only seemed appropriate!!! :thumbup: This should bring him down rather quickly!!! :D

Stay tuned. . . I'm drinkin'!!!!

Jerry :thumbup:

Or maybe this?

Garth did a really nice job of making this "Up close and personal" blade. He applied a satin finish and stayed true to the original design. Note the "wasp waist" double recurved shape of the blade with full serrations and a rolled over bull nose style tanto tip that broadcasts the intended purpose of this mission specific blade!!! . . . The handle is very angular and flat in order to prevent rolling in the hand during deployment. . . . couple this with the sharply angled front and rear talons and thumb rest and you have an incredibly secure and compact package!

This blade is approx. 1/8" thick and presents the first time that this armor punching machine has been made out of INFI ! ! ! !

Each one of these will be slightly different since the profiles are hand-ground to shape! There are a limited number of these and they will NEVER be offered again!!!

Let's drink!!!!

Jerry :D

ShivaRex3.jpg

Well, here is my other unpardonable sin (first being the stripping of a 3B2, no doubt). BUT I buy with the intent to keep and use. I have carried this appendix in the AZWELKE seen below with a loop, but have ended up being most fond of her as a low necker.

IMG_0276.jpg IMG_0275.jpg IMG_0274.jpg

Back