• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Wholesale Hunter - good or bad?

Does anyone here have any positive or negative stories regarding Internet merchant Wholesale Hunter? They seem to have good prices, but I'm leary of places that look too good to be true (Botach comes to mind).

Thanks in advance,

-- PG

Please let me know, too! I'm considering purchasing from them as well. Prices look great.

I've ordered from these guys a couple of times w/o problems. Their Cold Steel prices can't be touched. Just make sure that they have your items in-stock before ordering and you should be fine.

I've ordered from them five or six times. Great prices and fast shipping, and they seem to stock everything they advertise (pretty amazing, since they carry a LOT of stuff).

Only problem I had was with an order for 10 or 12 boxes of .45 - the boxes were thrown in a larger cardboard box with no padding or packing material, and about half the boxes got crunched up during shipping. Of the 500 to 600 rounds in the order, I had to discard about 50 due to dinged cases or rounds that got shortened when the boxes were dropped.

To be fair, I never asked WH to make good on the damaged boxes/ammo.

If you do order any ammo from them (or anything heavy) ask them to pack the shipment well.

Otherwise, they're great to deal with.

Just had a VERY BAD experience with order from Wholesale Hunter. Found out they had some CZ Shotguns for sale and while placing the order on the phone directly with them I noticed they had an "F" rating through the Better Business Bureau. I was reading all of the negative reviews while the women in their call center was placing my order and I told her to cancel it. She then tells me that she can do that. I called my Credit card company to place a stop payment and they sad they couldn't because the order had already been processed. I called Wholesale Hunter back and they tell me I will be charged a fee for canceling my order. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT ORDERING WITH THEM, THEY ARE CROOKS. Do you research. The Better Business Bureau that covers can be reached at 334-273-5530.

Apparently they find customers on Gun Broker and Gun Broker doesn't seem to kick them off. A sucker will fall for cheap prices and a new one is born every minute and Gun Broker offers this company "Wholesale Hunter, Montgomery,Alabama" access to new suckers, don't be one!

I ordered once from them. Never again. Absolutely NO communication. I tried to call their toll free line like 20 times over about a week and a half and was never able to get through. My items finally arrived around the two week mark. There's too many other places to order from to put up with their poor business practices.

Back