1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Who's going to blade?

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Bmurray, Apr 24, 2019.

1. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    haha
    seems you have it all figured out

2. Lady1911

Lady1911 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Actually, it won’t take a whole hour to corrupt them thoroughly, so the last 55 minutes of my time slot are open to anyone who’s interested.

Would you prefer me to email my disclaimer, or bring it with me to the show? (Just a little wee bit of paperwork absolving me of any future responsibility for foul language, excessive appreciation for booze, and tendencies to hang out with unsavory characters. Oh, not to mention a healthy love for 1911’s and fine knives.) :D ;)

Outpost Allison, Nbrackett and VANCE like this.
  3. Outpost Allison

Outpost Allison Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2018
    Hahahah I LOVE this and so honored I am first but I am not sure if we will be there :(

4. ndmiller

ndmiller Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 30, 2015
    You'll need the family CC for your shift for incidentals.....Fine Les Baer/Wilson Combat/Nighthawk/Ed Brown/Jardine dealer right up the road..........

Warrior108, VANCE and Lady1911 like this.
  5. Lady1911

Jan 31, 2018
    Oh, in the name of all that’s sacred.....please don’t tempt me! It’s bad enough I’ll be at the biggest, baddest (most bank account depleting) knife show in the world. ;)

But now that you mention it, I’m sure Jerry’s kids wouldn’t mind a little field trip. Lesson one - how to pick Dad’s pocket so Lady1911 can score a new Nighthawk. :D Lesson two - how to choose a Real Live Puppy in less than 15 minutes so that we’ll have something to show for our time spent together when meet back up with Dad (and a valid excuse — that the dog ate his wallet).

6. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Awwwww, boooo

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll be able to make it.

Outpost Allison likes this.
  7. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I wish I could make it this year... That's the weekend before our wedding, and I already have a jam packed spring schedule up to the big day. I'll likely plan on next year though.

Kal-El and schmittie like this.
  8. Southern Gent

Southern Gent

Apr 3, 2015
    Excuses, excuses... :)

Odaon likes this.
  9. Southern Gent

Southern Gent

Apr 3, 2015
    I'll be there, but in and out more than I normally would. Have to be out of town part of the weekend, but I'll make an appearance.

Kal-El, Warrior108 and Lady1911 like this.
  10. Fiddleback Outpost

Fiddleback Outpost Fiddleback Forge Knives & Fiddleback Outpost Gear

Apr 29, 2016
    You won't need anyone from 5-7...they'll be passed out in the pit by then. They like Bourbon, right?

Southern Gent, Lady1911 and Nbrackett like this.
  11. Lady1911

Jan 31, 2018
    @VANCE - Will there be any WIP or preview pics of the knives that are going to Blade with you this year?

Warrior108 likes this.
  12. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    hmmmmmmm...yes
    ;)

Warrior108 and Lady1911 like this.
  13. Warrior108

Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    Outpost Allison likes this.
  14. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
  15. NOLA

NOLA Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 9, 2016
    I'm hoping to be there. I'll probably just drive down for the day.

Bmurray likes this.
  16. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    I need someone to put together a schedule for pushing me around in my wheelchair.

17. Warrior108

Apr 24, 2012
    So how are ya Bob?? Are you able to stand at all?

Man, I couldn't imagine navigating those aisles and crowds in a wheelchair. :confused: I've been thinking that my 3yr old is going to peter out and I was NOT wanting to do a stroller, even one of those mini strollers, if at all possible. Of the different methods, I was picturing her standing on a moving dolly as working best and having the smallest footprint. :)

18. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    Little better. Going to start working this week or next. I'll manage the isles. Maybe everyone will move out of the way

19. Warrior108

Apr 24, 2012
    You have a couple weeks to figure out how to attach this
    Crowd Separator.jpg

And if the crowds get too dense then we all just might envy the "Bob's Eye View" :)
    Surfing.jpg

Lady1911, Outpost Allison and Bmurray like this.
  20. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    [​IMG]

Scythes for the wheels.

Lady1911 and Warrior108 like this.