Why all the Busse Hate?

In a conversation I'm a person who likes to "add" something to it of value (not counting the fun ones and general slack slapping BS). Others, like to subtract with their superior negativity. Then there's the "other point of view" that maybe I missed or hadn't considered. That is still an addition of value if it makes me think "are you sure you've accounted for all possible perceptions?" which happens a lot here for me as I learn from it- That may be most valuable of all.
Before I owned any Busse I did think "you gotta be fkn crazy to spend that kind of money for a knife, to which I based my vast knowledge on what I ask? ..... and that is my point, I had nothing to base it on other than "holy sht look at what those cost" ~ That is the position of no understanding of why.
So tell me, are we not the happiest knife owners or what? :D ~ I've passed through a lot of forums over the years in my vast and varied interests and this is one of the most positive, supportive and knowledgeable as any I have seen. I've got a few new folks that have become lurkers, people whom I respect and have long relationships with who I know would take an interest and will become piglets at some point.

I'm confident enough now to say to the hater- "Tell ya what, I'll clamp my blade in a vice, you swing yours, edge to edge on mine all you want, but then I get to do the same to yours agreed?" put up or stfu~ it's that simple.

Try not to be confused by folks who say they don't like pork when they have yet to have their first taste of bacon!!!:eek:o_O:confused:

. . . Of course, there will be those who don't like bacon even after they try it . . . These folks deeply confuse me :confused:o_O. . . because bacon is delicious!!!!:thumbsup::cool:

Let's drink! :thumbsup:

Jerry:D

Mr. Busse himself... in MY thread?? It’s an honor!!!:D:cool:

image.jpeg Nothing but love here;
Figuring it out by going "back in time..."
Love the pits.
Sell me yours!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    422 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
The last guy who said I only paid for a name looked at me weird when I said, "Hey, your blade against mine, lets race digging a hole through this asphalt we are standing on". The challenge was never accepted.

People hate when they don’t know or can’t afford. I remember scoffing at a game warden about 10 years ago. I was buying 30$ knives.

In general with everything going on - the inter webs give a voice to all, so it may seem there is pro this anti this - in reality very small amount. With 300 million there are quite a few busse haters, anti Americans, anti beef, flat earthers and just about everything thing else you can think of.

For &@#% sakes teens are eating tide pods. So what does that tell you about the internet and it’s views !
It’s flat bro...

Unless it changed this afternoon there were Forsaken Geminis up on the Busse site starting at $300 something and then the comp finishes for whatever they are. So a coated FG is similar in price to something like a Chris Reeve Green Beret or Fiddleback Forge production Camp Knife. Under that lets say a pair of TOPS Steel Eagles, a pair of A2 Bravo 1s, or four BK2s. So comparing materials used theyre basically the same price as what another manufacturer would charge for a large fixed blade with quality materials. They are considerably more than something really standard like a mass produced Becker knife but almost the same as a quality low production knife like the CR Green Beret or Fiddleback Camp Knife.

When people freak out that a TGLB is $900+ on the secondary market thats just too bad really.

Im a rookie around here ( blade forums ) , but ive been into knives for about 34 years .. One thing ive noticed is that Busse knives are not for everyone (another reason I love them). The youtube comments are not going to change the way I feel about knives I can beat the hell out of and return to shaving sharp without removing steel .. the youtube herd animals have a voice and thats the way it should be.. all is well. I love INFI ! Im actually kind of entertained by the " comments " ..

Busse was around well before any of the contemporary trend setters on youtube , pretty sure Busse will be around long after as well .. Not that it matters . Im happy that this place ( blade forums ) is here.. nice to know there are many other like minded individuals out there.

Last edited:
Excessive hate can be considered an addiction. I saw a relative suffer through this condition.

Last edited:
Try not to be confused by folks who say they don't like pork when they have yet to have their first taste of bacon!!!:eek:o_O:confused:

. . . Of course, there will be those who don't like bacon even after they try it . . . These folks deeply confuse me :confused:o_O. . . because bacon is delicious!!!!:thumbsup::cool:

Let's drink! :thumbsup:

Jerry:D

Lol, I didn't make the connection before, but I see now that Dr. Seuss' "Green Eggs and Ham" is cleverly devised parable about a Busse hater who finds his way into the light. :thumbsup:

"You do not like them.
So you say.
Try them! Try them!
And you may.
Try them and you may, I say."

Last edited:
Thanks Jerry for creating a great community and making such fun kick arss knives. Been getting back into knives a little more lately, checking out other makers and what nots, esp customs. Your designs truly excite me eye balls more then 99% out there. Recently handled the son of swat and ergo ms for the first time and dayum, killer dude! Cheers

Would love to get a chance to pound some beers and swing some infi with some of these who hate. If they hung around the trough/after parties/chops offs Ive got no doubt that hate would surely subside. Hey haters, we are here for ya if you ever get bored. Lotsa fun to be had around the pig pen. Cheers to even you!

For goodness sakes, People complain about Christmas on the internet. Busse makes some of the finest knives available today. The only thing I “Hate” is that no Infi Ash1’s have been available so far in this O2W run.

Like having a drink with a mate who loves his middle shelf booze untill you open up the top shelf for him to taste so that he knows what the difference is. There are other great comanys out there that make very solid knives..... but not as good as Busse. Why the hate.... probably doesnt know how to sharpen knives..... thinks a battle mistress is designed to cut apples..... cant afford it....... not strong enough to weild it..... too scared to use it because its too valuable to butcher timber with. Go buy a pair of nikes and keep it in the box untill you grow out of it. Or buy a busse and use it or keep it in a box and never grow out of it.

Back