Why are all the new m4 pm2's being sold?

Turn and burn. Folks buy their limit and sell the extras at a premium.

Or, in some cases, people bought them to try them, disliked it, decided against it, or simply changed their mind and sold them. It happens hundreds of times with all likes and manners of various knives. In this instance it is much more noticeable because it is currently relative and on people's minds.

I would bet that if you asked any of the secondhand market buyers of said knives if they felt forced or somehow coerced into purchasing the knives, regardless of price, they would respond with a resolute "no, I purchased it using my own free will." I would also bet that they would be grateful to have had a chance to buy one--even if they had to pay a small premium.

I bought one after getting caught up in all the hype. I'm a die-hard Spyderco fan but (I say this at the risk of being labelled an outcast) I've never liked the PM2 compression lock. I've owned a number of PM2s and I've never kept a single one. I sold my BHQ/M4 edition the same day I received it.

For the most part though, since BladeHQ allowed everyone to purchase three, I'm sure most collectors bought one to preserve, one to use, and one to sell.

Or, in some cases, people bought them to try them, disliked it, decided against it, or simply changed their mind and sold them. It happens hundreds of times with all likes and manners of various knives. In this instance it is much more noticeable because it is currently relative and on people's minds.

I would bet that if you asked any of the secondhand market buyers of said knives if they felt forced or somehow coerced into purchasing the knives, regardless of price, they would respond with a resolute "no, I purchased it using my own free will." I would also bet that they would be grateful to have had a chance to buy one--even if they had to pay a small premium.

^ Nice to see a well written post on this topic which comes up so often....thank you.

People buy them, post a pic on Instagram and flip them for a profit...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I wanted to try a PM2, but wasn't fond of the Jade and I tend to prefer a coated blade (less flashy in the office). That said, supply and demand rules. We had gas stations milking people a few years ago....and some folks will never go to the chain involved again.

Because folks buy two or so at a cheap price, and then just keep one, sell the rest for a 30% increase in order to lower their investment.

I bought one to keep but decided I'd rather have the Knifeworks carbon fiber M4 Para 2 that's coming out soon.

Flippin ain't easy,,, oh wait, yes it is. Supply and demand,, if no one buys them they have to drop the price.

because people unfortunately can't let others have a crack at those for a reasonable price... I'd have every pm2 sprint if it weren't for the whole instant 50% markup on half of them.

I bought one to keep but decided I'd rather have the Knifeworks carbon fiber M4 Para 2 that's coming out soon.

Will the CF on this be like ZT's CF or like the peel ply CF on the s90V para 2?

Back