Why delete the sold price in the exchange?

Just curious - over in our exchange forum it seems to be common practice for sellers to remove the sold price from their listings or even delete the item altogether once sold - isnt it a good thing, for many different reasons, to keep them in there?

I think its rather beneficial to see the past trends in Busse pricing not only for when one is trying to research and buy a used Busse, but also for when one is trying to sell one... Due diligence is important on both ends.

Apologies if this subject has already been addressed or discussed.

Yeah no biggie but this has been rehashed like 1000 times. Some people just don't like their prices hanging out there forever I guess. It still always boils down to how much someone is willing to pay. I sold a bunch of vintage blades a few years ago and now they're fetching three times what I sold them for!

Yeah no biggie but this has been rehashed like 1000 times. Some people just don't like their prices hanging out there forever I guess.

I figured it was discussed before but couldnt find it when I searched....

Thanks!

in many cases, I think, it's the folks who do a lot of dealing in the secondary market trying to obfuscate the selling prices so that they don't affect theirs/others future sales.

I'm sure there are more benign reasons, sometimes, but I think it's incredibly lame, and wish this forum, like others, prohibited it for happening for the sake of open research/etc.

but, that's probably not a very popular opinion in a place so full of collectors (no offense).

in many cases, I think, it's the folks who do a lot of dealing in the secondary market trying to obfuscate the selling prices so that they don't affect theirs/others future sales.

I'm sure there are more benign reasons, sometimes, but I think it's incredibly lame, and wish this forum, like others, prohibited it for happening for the sake of open research/etc.

but, that's probably not a very popular opinion in a place so full of collectors (no offense).

It happens on other knife forums as well not just Busse Sub forums.

It happens on other knife forums as well not just Busse Sub forums.

yes, of course, sorry... wasn't implying it was a Busse-specific thing.

but it does seem, for the most part, to be a collector-specific thing. no?

anyway, I may not be a collector, and I may be annoyed by such things, but I'm not attacking those who do so. just stating my observations. ;)

yes, of course, sorry... wasn't implying it was a Busse-specific thing.

but it does seem, for the most part, to be a collector-specific thing. no?

anyway, I may not be a collector, and I may be annoyed by such things, but I'm not attacking those who do so. just stating my observations. ;)

Hard to say if it's a collector thing, I think everyone has their own reasons, it never really bothered me to have my prices hanging in the wind so I leave them up.

perhaps you're right.

thanks for leaving yours up, btw.

hey, do you even use Busse knives? (grin)

I delete them because I don't want there to be a long-term record of how much I'm ripping people off.

Just kidding. I don't mind if anyone knows I'm ripping them off.

I actually do delete the prices most of the time, but it's more force of habit and doing what others have done than any great desire to keep things a big secret. I guess it benefits the buyer, if he decides to re-sell it at a profit later down the line, and I'm cool with that. I actually had one buyer specifically request that I delete the price, and I think that's when I started doing it.

I'm much more likely to outright delete items once they are sold - but this is for the clarity of the "for sale" thread more than anything else. I don't want a bunch of people distracted by knives I no longer own, and completely missing the one I'm trying to sell.

Caveat: I've only done a little bit of selling, so I'm probably not the best person to answer this question.

My underlying thoughts as well, but being a new guy didnt want to wind up with a :foot: or piss anyone off.

I tell you, after getting more aquatinted with the Busse direct and show pricing, its a bit frustrating - although our current economic situation has seemed to keep prices somewhat nicely in check.

Also, I'd still like to know if my SAR4 and Skinny ASH pricing is fair... maybe I should just let them go for $150 a pop - does that seem fair...? :D

My underlying thoughts as well, but being a new guy didnt want to wind up with a :foot: or piss anyone off.

I tell you, after getting more aquatinted with the Busse direct and show pricing, its a bit frustrating - although our current economic situation has seemed to keep prices somewhat nicely in check.

Also, I'd still like to know if my SAR4 and Skinny ASH pricing is fair... maybe I should just let them go for $150 a pop - does that seem fair...? :D

The SAR4 and Skin Ash are very fair pricing right now but as with most pieces bound to go up.

Yes, $150 a pop is very fair pricing. Will you be shipping them USPS? I'd prefer signature required - otherwise the mail lady just leaves stuff on the patio. :D :D :D

I don't delete prices when I've sold on the forum. I like for there to be a record of relative value over time.

I don't delete prices when I've sold on the forum. I like for there to be a record of relative value over time.

+1. I always leave the price up, and have never been to delete it.

It seems like more people do delete lately, compared to just a year or two ago. Maybe the new folks think that is SOP here. Let's try to convince them otherwise.

Please leave prices up!

Back