Why do I hate Cold Steel?

One of the rules here that is frequently enforced, and taken seriously by the Mods, is not posting about other users. This is a knife discussion forum. If you have a beef with another member, there is an area for you to have it out. That area is not here.

Is that the "Whine and Cheese" sub or is it some other forum that you have to pay to have access to/that I can't see?

Is that the "Whine and Cheese" sub or is it some other forum that you have to pay to have access to/that I can't see?
That’s exactly right. Whether you pay or do not pay, you are a guest here, and it is up to you to abide by the rules set by the owner and enforced by the moderators. That isn’t a point for discussion, just how it is. If you don’t want to pay to support this site, then certain areas are off limits, and you are even more morally obliged to stick to the rules - you are here for free. This isn’t Facebook or Reddit.

The rules state that FB links are acceptable and I am only showing pics of my work, no where does it say I can't. Never mentioned anything for sale, and the link doesn't give viewers access to any other info.

See, now I clicked on the link you provided, and you are right, it didn't mention anything for sale or give me access to anything for sale.

Well, except for this...

Jpr0LaS.png

lhejfR7.png

DhRfDRW.png

See, now I clicked on the link you provided, and you are right, it didn't mention anything for sale or give me access to anything for sale.

Well, except for this...

Jpr0LaS.png

lhejfR7.png

DhRfDRW.png
Funny how I deleted those links but you are now digging for something that no one else here was looking for. Is this just to somehow prove you are right? If you left it alone no one would give it a second thought, no one else was digging into others hidden info.
So the truth here is you just advertised for me for something that I had no intention of advertising and now it will somehow be my fault.
You have actually broke the rules posting this here not me. This is why I went to photobucket instead. You are a silly weak shameful person.

Apropos nothing at all.

1. Just buy the correct membership for advertising a knife service instead of jumping through hoops/giving the runaround. The MODS are not dumb.

2. The knives on that site does not look very appealing.

3. Speaking of which; this is a knife forum. We discuss knives. Keep the personal stuff out of open forum.

Now about those slicing and dicing knives from Cold Steel ....

I have some. Some CS knives, Id buy - others most certainly not. Last one bought was the drop forged Hunter. Not keen on the hype/marketing of the 'tactical kind.'

Well, except for this...

Jpr0LaS.png

lhejfR7.png

DhRfDRW.png

What does this post have to do with knives? It’s already been reported and deleted, ie it’s over. Who threatened violence? If you assume because someone offers to buy you a beer they want to thrash you, maybe its time to think about how the “golden rule” applies to your online interactions. Can you share your opinion about Cold Steel please?!

Last edited:
Had one in San Mai quite nice actually aside from their cheap handles.

As I recently learned, its the last production Hattori model still available, so Ima jump on that as soon as I find a deal!! I’ve done handle mods before, got plenty hardwood flooring and micarta just lying around, so I will probably do one as well(not as nice as others of course)

What does this post have to do with knives? It’s already been reported and deleted, ie it’s over. Who threatened violence? If you assume because someone offers to buy you a beer they want to thrash you, maybe its time to think about how the “golden rule” applies to your online interactions. Can you share your opinion about Cold Steel please?!

1) The links being discussed went to Cold Steel knife rehandling.
2) The member who offered to buy a beer is not the one who posted a threat on my profile page. Try to keep up.
3) If standing up for the generous members whose support allows them to sell knives and promote their goods and services AND keeps the site open is bad online interactions, oh well.
4) I have been discussing what has transpired here in this thread, not, as others have been doing, the character of members. In fact, the OP choose to call people who like CS "fanboys" in the first post.

1) The links being discussed went to Cold Steel knife rehandling.
2) The member who offered to buy a beer is not the one who posted a threat on my profile page. Try to keep up.
3) If standing up for the generous members whose support allows them to sell knives and promote their goods and services AND keeps the site open is bad online interactions, oh well.
4) I have been discussing what has transpired here in this thread, not, as others have been doing, the character of members. In fact, the OP choose to call people who like CS "fanboys" in the first post.

I can’t find a single post of yours relevant to the op’s thread. How do you feel about Cold Steel knives? Ever owned a knife? Ok I’ll make sure I “follow” you so I can keep up.

I can’t find a single post of yours relevant to the op’s thread. How do you feel about Cold Steel knives? Ever owned a knife? Ok I’ll make sure I “follow” you so I can keep up.

I replied to your post. If your post was off topic, don't blame me.
Meh. OK starter knives.
Yes.

I replied to your post. If your post was off topic, don't blame me.
Meh. OK starter knives.
Yes.

Gotcha. I was responding to yours. See how communication is a 2-way street? Just because I’m following you doesn’t make me one of your “minions,” I’m just waiting to see a post that pertains to knives rather than to forum rules.

Gotcha. I was responding to yours. See how communication is a 2-way street? Just because I’m following you doesn’t make me one of your “minions,” I’m just waiting to see a post that pertains to knives rather than to forum rules.

You are certainly free to follow me. I have no ability or need to stop that.

And I am just waiting to see a post of yours that pertains to knives or the forum rather than insulting other members.

Enjoy following me! :thumbsup: If you have any more off topic queries you want me to address, fire away.

You are certainly free to follow me. I have no ability or need to stop that.

And I am just waiting to see a post of yours that pertains to knives or the forum rather than insulting other members.

Enjoy following me! :thumbsup:

Funny, the only posts of mine that don’t pertain to the thread are, without exception, interactions with you! You sir, are a bully!

Ok, so hate might be a bit strong, but I can’t figure out why I have not (to this point) even considered a CS product when knife shopping. They seem to use good materials, they have designs that I like, and arguably the best or at least strongest lock in the industry. The Storm Cloud they have coming out this year looks right up my alley. 20cv steel with g10/cf scales. Maybe it’s that Lynn comes off as a pompous a$$:D or that the CS fanboys are annoying as hell if someone has a negative comment about one of their knives. (The Lynn comment isn’t fair, I have never met the man, but the fanboy part is true.) I guess I just need to get a couple to either confirm or get over whatever issue I have with them. Anyone else feel this way about a brand or company?

The OP, just to get everybody back on track after the shilling and insulting members.

Enjoy the discussion!

I’ve ignored him so many times I can’t unignore him anymore! Do not feed him by responding to one of his posts.

Ok I’ll make sure I “follow” you so I can keep up.
:confused::rolleyes:

As for Cold Steel, I like quite a few of the Demko designs and I don't mind their advertising, ridiculous as it is, in the least. I do dislike their litigiousness, which is off-putting and bad for the community as a whole. The more money knife companies are spending on legal departments the less they have to spend on design and manufacturing.

:confused::rolleyes:

As for Cold Steel, I like quite a few of the Demko designs and I don't mind their advertising, ridiculous as it is, in the least. I do dislike their litigiousness, which is off-putting and bad for the community as a whole. The more money knife companies are spending on legal departments the less they have to spend on design and manufacturing.

So I figured it out. Shoot me. No, really.
I agree that Demko brought their folders into a new, more exalted realm of knifedom. But I am almost positive Lynn must have put some exclusivity clause into their contract, preventing him from doing a collaboration with ZT, which is what I would really love to see!

Back