Why is the Junglas so Popular?

I have one on order, so I have not had the pleasure. Every dealer is out of stock. A dealer told me it is the #1 knife right now. Why is it so popular?

Because people can't believe that a $15 12-14" machete can be just be just as useful. :)

Or it could be that it is actually pretty reasonably priced for a large knife. Where else can you find a full flat ground, micarta handled knife that size with a functional sheath and a phenomenal warranty.

Personally, I'll probably just stick with a machete, but I can see the allure of the Junglas.

because nutnfancy has a review ... a great review plain and simple

I'm sure his review helped to an extent but sales were high and picking up before he reviewed it.

I think it has alot more to do with the fact that the company had an unexpectedly high quantity of orders during and since SHOT show and Shon and crew are playing catchup. The Junglas has the lowest volume of manufacture so it's the knife that shows the shortage first.

I highly doubt a $15 machete would stand up to anywhere near the abuse that a Junglas could endure!

I can't speak to why it is so popular but I really want one:) I have been watching several places and when it gets back in stock I an going to pick one up.

While I agree with what Matt is saying about the Machete, I also dissagree. I know, wierd ha..

Anyway in my oppinion, A machete is a helluva a chopper and can do about everything you need it to do......in a warm climate.

I have used machete's up here in the cold North East, and found them quite lacking in many tasks. When grainy hardwoods freeze I find a thicker large knife to be the better choice.
I occassionally need to pry into wood, and a machete is pretty much useless for that as it bends too much.
When I rarely need to batton, a thicker stout knife works better for me.

Also in chopping, while machete's sometimes bite deeper, I find them getting stuck more. This burns more energy and tires me out faster.

That said, in a warm or tropical climate I would no doubt prefer the machete.

Now with all that said, the real reason the Junglas is so popular is it makes you look cool, and carrying a big tuff knife gives you a warm fuzzy feeling!!

It is because even though there are plenty of cheaper machetes out there, the Junglas will make you look cool and attract crazy chicks. It's a win win.

because nutnfancy has a review ... a great review plain and simple

Wrong.
Youtube and the drones on it hold no influence over me.:thumbup:
I got one because my wife got it for me because I dropped constant "hints" about how much better the world would be if I had one.:)

It's big with an extremely ergonomic handle and wondrous edge retention.
It's tough with a good warranty to back it up.

It can kill wild boars one instant, build a shelter the next, then get you all the hot chicks in the region due to the most important reason to get one:
As said by R.A.T., it makes you sexier.

So, big, tough, sharp, good edge retention, woodsy and baconriffic, AND sexifying...what's NOT to like?:)

lifetime warranty doesn't hurt.:)

It can if you get the occasional dumb@$$ buying your knives and causing unnecessary dumb assery that has to be dealt with.

The Junglas (Pronounced Hunglas for you classy confusing folk, Jung-lass for me thank yuh very much.) is a slick blade, if I didn't want a Busse so bad I would probably own one, but I REALLY want a Boss Jack. Plus if I buy another ESEE blade then Jeff will have enough cash to buy a Boss Jack himself and I'll be sad.

If that isn't a joke, then it's just stupid.

Of course it is. Maybe I used the wrong smiley... :D

The reason is probably due to the fact that big knives are in fashion right now. People like to have something they can pull out and say "you call that a knoife?"

It looks like a great knife, but I think it would be easier to find if ESEE made another, slightly bigger knife ;)

Of course it is. Maybe I used the wrong smiley... :D

The reason is probably due to the fact that big knives are in fashion right now. People like to have something they can pull out and say "you call that a knoife?"

It looks like a great knife, but I think it would be easier to find if ESEE made another, slightly bigger knife ;)

Ah, okay.:)
It seems big knives come into fashion every so often. I remember when Crocodile Dundee came out and we all had to get huge knives...which were often cheap and would break.:(
And when Predator came out, we all had to go out and buy big knives...which were often cheap and would break.:(
At least the Junglas doesn't break:thumbup:(of course, it wasn't quite so cheap either:D).

I'd buy an even bigger one. 15 inches of blade would be quite nicely hugetastical.

Standard ESEE answer to the OP question: Becasue it makes you look so damn cool when you're carrying it.

Standard ESEE answer to the OP question: Becasue it makes you look so damn cool when you're carrying it.

Yeah, Jeff, I want one, but I don't need one yet....Dang y'all torture me. ;) The RTAK II I bought back in '06 is still serving me so well.

Back