• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Why No Shipping to Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they are different.
Different rates, different restrictions (many of them) - anyway 48 States are different by law.
So prices are different too.

Prices for flat rate priority boxes are the same no matter what state you ship to. I'm fully aware restrictions are different, this is true no matter what state you ship to when it comes to blade length, automatic knife laws, etc... obviously 50 states, not 48, are all different by law - but for shipping USPS priority - which is what most do on here - there is no difference in price.

I'm sorry, but to just blindly say "CONUS only, no HI or AK" is plain ignorant. I've shipped knives to an APO in Japan, same rate as shipping from Idaho to Montana.

I don't care if you don't want to do it, I'm just saying a lot of people follow the herd and put these limitations in and don't even know why. I get international; risk, blame, etc... but to say any state is different whether it's CONUS or Alaska or any US territory, just like Planterz mentioned, is all the same rate if you ship priority.

I just saw this thread, and it cracks me up... "Hawaii and Alaska will cost a little extra." WTF?? He's shipping USPS priority, the cost is the same to any of the 50 states in our great nation.

... Y'all should revolt :)

indeed you should.... We did that, almost 250 years ago. For the most part it's worked out pretty good for us :cool:

Winston

Last edited:
:rolleyes: ...

I think I was pretty specific in using USPS priority as an example, and not other carriers. You seem pretty capable of picking out the portions of various quotes that work for you, and considering your vast amount of deals - according to your trading profile anyway - I'm sure I'll lose any argument you can put forth given the number of shipments it appears you've been involved in. I'll kindly defer to your depth of knowledge on the subject and bow out of this conversation.

With respect to the OP, my apologies for being involved in the derailment of this thread. I've shipped to our neighbors to the north on more than one occasion and while I can't speak to everyone's reasons for not doing so, I understand both your frustrations and also the reasons others have put forth in not wanting to ship international. I do hope you find some are willing to work with you in the future.

Winston

Just for the record, Winston_Smith Winston_Smith , the price is only the same if one is using the flat rate boxes. They aren't always the lowest price - depending on a variety of factors, such as weight, distance, and account specifics - but they are convenient for the average, occasional shipper. I used to used them primarily for heavier items, or medium weight stuff that was going to the other side of the country; but, now that I'm shipping a lot less, I have gotten lazy and use flat rate most of the time.
(Yes, you specified flat rate initially; but then you kept using "priority" as you continued to make your argument)

Last edited:
according to your trading profile anyway - I'm sure I'll lose

Yup - you lost.
You are spot on again.

Anyway - read title of this thread again and explain what your wise advice of
shipping Priority Mail Flat Rate to Hawaii got with that ?
"
Why No Shipping to Canada?"

Where there is a will there usually is a way. It is just a ? of do you want to go through the hassle to get there.
One Canadian member suggested that if I was worried about customs I could break the knife down and send it in 2 packages. It was more than I wanted to do, but likely would have worked.
Registered mail seems fairly safe if you are worried about postal workers stealing. I have never sent that way, but have received and the workers seem terrified of it.

As for CONUS-most don't even realize what they are posting. They are just trying to opt out of international. They saw someone post CONUS only and just copied it without thinking. Once it is brought to their attention and that flat rate priority is the same throughout the US they usually modify their ads accordingly

On top of everything stated above, I didn't even see an option in paypal usps shipping to select Canada.
If i can't walk out and throw it in my mail box for usps to ship i don't want to do it.
Wasting gas/ time/ money/ watching idiots drive, in line at usps, also have to wear a mask now ... NO THANKS:poop: :D

This a whole bunch. In order to use my online label printing, it much more expensive. I do this because I do not ever pass a post office, and the two within decent driving distance are nightmares, personnel wise. So, I would have to leave work early (or leave home early), go 30 min out my way (an hour total), to save someone 20-40$ on shipping. It’s just not worth it to me. I’ll work with someone if they are willing to pay, but I’m up front about the cost will be higher than expected. I’ve gotten before the “no it should be 15$ for xxx shipping”. Yeah, but I can’t do that shipping option from my house and it’s more than I want to do to go. If what I have is that special, and that important to you, then the cost will be more. I’m sorry, but that’s just how it works out. Oh, and I take no responsibility once it hits Canada customs.

Prices for flat rate priority boxes are the same no matter what state you ship to. I'm fully aware restrictions are different, this is true no matter what state you ship to when it comes to blade length, automatic knife laws, etc... obviously 50 states, not 48, are all different by law - but for shipping USPS priority - which is what most do on here - there is no difference in price.

I'm sorry, but to just blindly say "CONUS only, no HI or AK" is plain ignorant. I've shipped knives to an APO in Japan, same rate as shipping from Idaho to Montana.

I don't care if you don't want to do it, I'm just saying a lot of people follow the herd and put these limitations in and don't even know why. I get international; risk, blame, etc... but to say any state is different whether it's CONUS or Alaska or any US territory, just like Planterz mentioned, is all the same rate if you ship priority.

I just saw this thread, and it cracks me up... "Hawaii and Alaska will cost a little extra." WTF?? He's shipping USPS priority, the cost is the same to any of the 50 states in our great nation.

indeed you should.... We did that, almost 250 years ago. For the most part it's worked out pretty good for us :cool:

Winston

You need to change your current government, not your queen :)

OP hasn't been on since creating this thread.

Thread closed for continued drifting off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back