? why the two hollows in one handle . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back on subject-
Most framelocks seem to have a cutout relief of some sort. Some are to the inside some to the outside. I do have one(a Laconico) without a cutout relief, but that is my only framelock without one.

Sorry for being off post a bit. But if my memory serves me didn’t Ray Laconico work for Chris Reeve at one time and went off to start his own company?
Thanks,

Sorry for being off post a bit. But if my memory serves me didn’t Ray Laconico work for Chris Reeve at one time and went off to start his own company?
Thanks,
Not that I am aware of, but that doesn't mean much
Scott Cook-Yes, he worked for CRK

Thanks,

Scott Cook

Umm, it was my topic. I started the topic. Why would I not like the topic?
Every time I start a thread there are those that jump in just to get my threads closed.
Close this thread. My question was answered on the first post.

You were not the person I was addressing..but if that is what you like....

Well, that went South quickly.

Anyway........I've always wondered why other manufacturers, like Hinderer & ZT for instance, don't put their cutouts on the inside. When they're behind the clip, they tend to hang up when taking them out of your pocket sometimes.

Exactly, I didn't even know what the hollows were for as Im still learning a lot here. I said the exact same thing to myself when i received both my Rike and ZT 05062 (which is a Hinderer design) in that those hollows seem to serve as only there to catch clothes haha.
And the CRK has double hollows yet.

Thanks for that response.

You were not the person I was addressing..but if that is what you like....

Thank you Bhyde
Sorry. Looked like it was aimed at me. My mistake. But I do appreciate the moderation, if done fairly. There is an underlying group here that is constantly attacking me in some of the threads I start simply trying to throw it off topic with a goal of closing the thread.
It got to the point where of course anyone with a spine would not just sit there and take it like a "sheep".
So I moved a dozen or so to ignore. I did notice its usually the ones with the higher post counts who feel they run this site.

Their constant bickering and attacking IMO only serves to chase away members from being "paid" subscribers or increasing their level of membership like I have to in order to start selling parts of my collection.

It got to the point where I only saw you closing some threads and I just figured you never even looked at the orginal post and that they would just report one of my last defensive comments and you closed the thread "for them".
Being newer, I figured since you have known them so long, you were doing just what they wanted you to do.

I can see now that your above comment and one of your comments to be a few days back that your moderation is fair and balanced, unaffected by a few clowns and they don't control you as it appeared.

I didn't join here to spar continuely with a few children. My goal is to learn all I can especially as I move more into priceier custom knives, where mistakes can be costly. And I want to give back to others what I learn along the way.
If I'm such a bad member here why am I running at 23% likes and also check my feedback as a buyer.

Thanks again,
Paul

P.S. you were right of course, about the Mnandi posts that are up there. When I did my search I was spelling it wrong!

Last edited:
First- The name is Bill- Not sure where Scott came from unless it was the reference to Scott Cook above, who is a knifemaker that worked for Chris Reeve? No big deal.
Second- You spend far too much time defending a position that you have with walls of text rather than to ignore. "Separating the wheat from the chaff" as it were.
Third- Many of the people that post here I consider friends, but I don't speak for them and they certainly don't speak for me.. Free will. I close threads when they have gone a direction that no longer serves the original topic regardless of who is posting in the thread. All the mods do this.
Fourth- This software has an annoying feature of letting the original poster continue posting in the thread after it is closed by a mod. Because you can, doesn't mean you should. If there is something that anyone needs to say, take it to PM or leave a visitor message and I will PM you.

Looks like when you quoted it left the name scott cook at the end of your post.
And I thank you for your response. Living within the rules makes for a much happier forum IMO.

By the way, I know one of the rules is not to link to a non-members website. But where can we find out if as example "Blade HQ" is a paid sponsor here? If I do a search it just pulls up any thread where the name was mentioned.
I see categories for as example: knife makers forum, knife manufacturing etc but no sponsored vendor listing as with other forums I belong too.
In case I wanted to do business with a member here to throw business there way in support of the forum? Since they all sell their knives at the same price with free shipping if bladeHQ.com was a paying sponsor here, I'd buy from them rather than a knifecenter.com where I've purchased 4 knives from already.
Thx
Paul

Paul-

Not sure where the disconnect is, but let's not post in threads after they have been closed as was mentioned in point 4 above.
It's frustrating to the mod staff that the software allows this because it removes the point of closing the thread.
This isn't a debate, this isn't being heavy handed and certainly it's not to single any one person out.
Let this thread die-

I will leave a link to supporting dealers on your profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back