• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Wilder Forge Neck Knives

Great pictures both Jason and Scott! Is it wrong to like to drool over pictures of my own knives?

Haha, glad you like them. I should add, contest or no, feel free to use them for advertising/Facebook/website whatever.

Cheers!

Haha, glad you like them. I should add, contest or no, feel free to use them for advertising/Facebook/website whatever. Cheers!

What he said..

Thanks a bunch for that. Y'all are very generous. I know that I could buy a new camera but honestly I want a new heat treat oven (upgrade from the one I built) and I also have a 95 Wrangler that I'm trying to restore. A new camera is on my list... but very low on the list at this point.

P1080217_zps083692e7.jpg

P1080214_zps5cbf01b8.jpg

P1080220_zps0ea58c50.jpg

The good: Great finishing, the blade is great, color pops on the handles, sheath is great (snug, very very very snug-YOU WILL NOT HAVE THIS KNIFE COME OUT BY ACCIDENT)
The bad: ***not really anything, only thing was the Wilder etching didn't get as dark for all the letters, you can see the W, but all the other letters are very light. Doesn't matter, I'll proudly tell everyone who made it :)

Jason, I can't thank you enough. Great blade, great price, great service, great everything

Glad you like it Heath. Sorry about the name etching. You'd think that after etching 300+ knives that I'd have it figured out by now but etching the makers' mark is one of those things that's hard to control and you never really know what you're going to get.

Glad you like it Heath. Sorry about the name etching. You'd think that after etching 300+ knives that I'd have it figured out by now but etching the makers' mark is one of those things that's hard to control and you never really know what you're going to get.

I know if I tried really really hard, it still wouldn't look near what you have made. Thanks again Jason.

I got bored last night and finished a blade that I made in the previous batch. I planned to make it for myself because I like the design so much but I'm trying to raise funds to buy a bigger heat treat oven.

1208611_354016681395086_1227913986_n.jpg

1157595_354016784728409_594498986_n.jpg

1209313_354016758061745_366172263_n.jpg

994329_354016688061752_723056797_n.jpg

560825_354016704728417_638519214_n.jpg

The design is from a Benchmade 921 Switchback. I love this folder so much that I turned it into a fixed blade. I absolutely love this knife! My wife even loves it. It feels great in the hand. As a matter of fact, I love it so much that I will make many more in the future with different blade shapes.

Specs:
3/32" 52100 tested at HRC 59. Modified Wharncliff blade design.
Toxic green G10 with black carbon fiber pins and flared SS tube
Jimping
Blade length: 3" with extreme distil taper. This sucker is super sharp and super thin!
Overall length: 7.5"

The only thing I can think to call it is a Zombie Shiv. The name is a work in progress.

Since I love it so much, I'm having a hard time parting with it, but will for $125 shipped. Say you'll take it here and email me at wilderforge@gmail.com

I won't be hurt if it doesn't sell. Have I mentioned that I love it?

this photos just makes me drool even more!!!lol!!cant wait for mine to be done!!

Mine arrived a while ago, but I was travelling until this week & didn't get my hands on it till a few days ago:

8y8q.jpg

y6k0.jpg

ulkr.jpg

bfxd.jpg

The features; black micarta with a mate finish, acid wash, red liners & jimping on the spine for those that didn't catch it.

As you can see it fits nicely in between my other most used fixed blades (yeah yeah, I know, I need to clean up my damascus blade)

al1j.jpg

And another one with a Victorinox SwissTool & a Leatherman Squirt for size comparison:

hc8w.jpg

I'm really happy with my first custom. It's exactly the size I've been looking for for a while now, the grip is perfect for my smallish hands & it's wickedly sharp which altogether make it a joy to use. I couldn't be happier Jason, thanks a lot for this fine knife. I'm pretty sure this will become my most used knife in no time.

I'm really glad you like it and hope you had a great road trip. I thought you wouldn't be back until December?

Correct, I was on unpaid leave until December first max., with the option to return earlier. But too much of my gear broke down at once & most of it was still under warranty, so I decided to head home earlier & get it sorted out instead of replacing it all on the spot. I don't think I could hold out much longer than October first anyway with my current gear, the nights were getting pretty cold already in the mountains.

Say, how did you sharpen these before you shipped them out? I don't think I can get it this sharp again with the tools I have right now, have you got some pointers perhaps?

I used a 120 grit on my belt sander then finished them with a leather strop with green compound. What are you currently sharpening with?

I use the Lansky Crock-sticks & a leather strop to finish them on. Do you have a link to the green compound you're referring to perhaps?

Back