1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

will HUCK dethrone WTF as king of Op 2 weeks??

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Robdude, Apr 13, 2016.

1. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    It will look kick butt stripped.

2. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    This^^^^^^ did me in. F-it, go big (or medium in this case, compared to WTF), or go home. Muddy with red/black G10. I thought about 3 hours before I bit. I didn't even think about the WTF. Didn't buy.

3. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    You read my mind with this blade so I read yours back.

4. clampdaddy

Aug 31, 2013
    Yep, didn't spend more than a second picking the color because I knew it was coming off anyway.

5. Jens Schuetz

Jens Schuetz

Jun 24, 2013
    I'm wondering what handle looks best with stripped metal.

6. xxwarderxx

xxwarderxx Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Just posted this in the release thread.

[​IMG]

7. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Well, I spent more than that. But strippage was the predominate decision factor.
    Well, IMO, red/black G10. YMMV.

8. xxwarderxx

Mar 27, 2015
    I'm thinking the .25" thickness will be feeling a lot better than the .34" during longer chopping sessions.

And 1/4" thickness on a kukri beast such as this will be perfect imo.

HUCK FIN has a 3" blade thickness as well.

9. zmbhntr

zmbhntr ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿ Platinum Member

Jul 28, 2014

Thanks, but I actually did the same thing and made a new thread about it. Maybe you could post yours in there too since you lines them up differently. Looks like we both have the same scale

10. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Street Samurai Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2012
    Does Busse do differential heat treating? It would be cool if the traditional aspects of the blade design were preserved.

11. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    The fin. If anything can topple the train, it's the fin. It's too soon to tell however, I'll call it a tossup. Both are killer, and I'd be lucky to own either.

12. Runicwolf

Runicwolf

Jan 21, 2013
    Nope, The HUCK & HUCK fin are both awesome but the WTF will be the king! and the WTF looks to me like it has a more comfortable handle

13. The Hobbiest

The Hobbiest

Mar 17, 2016
    Answer is no. WTF is like the physical embodiment of the Busse knife co attitude where as the Huck is like Busse and knife co attitude thrown on a kukri. Really digging the fin though. I think that this could possibly be a better chopper than the WTF but the WTF is still longer, thicker, and custom shop. WTF still the king.

14. AZTimT

AZTimT The Stripetition Finish Guy Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 15, 2009
    Of the two, I know which one I lean towards... ;)
    [​IMG]

15. clampdaddy

Aug 31, 2013
    Only you can answer that but for me it changes from blade to blade and the look of the steel. For satin I really like red and black or black paper. For a stripped blade with no other work done to it I like the look of green and black. For bead blasted and maybe a little polishing I like black canvas. That's which way I'm going with mine.

16. xxwarderxx

Mar 27, 2015
    Well said.

However the HUCK has a longer blade length and longer O/A length.

17. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    I find it difficult to believe that the handle is that much longer than that of the WTF. Is it made to be a two hand knife?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

18. clampdaddy

Aug 31, 2013
    Looks legit to me. The size of the tube rivets looks about equal but the distance between them looks much wider on the Huck.

19. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    You're right! Wow! This thing must have been made so sasquatch could get a comfortable grip on it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

20. TommyGun56

TommyGun56 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2014
    All this excitement is great, however there is another knife or two out there sayin just hold on boys-This is one of those-The other being the MOAB!! All will get the Job Done-all Look Great-I am super excited to receive my WTF and Kukri's-The History of the Kukri is interesting-google it and find out what these were designed to do in Nepal-which I believe is their origin
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016