Will the Insingo Do This?

Borring holes in Pepsi bottles for straws.

750799c5.jpg

7bcff9d3.jpg

I haven't used a straw since I was about 5, but that is deffinately the weirdest way I've seen a pepsi consumed, and I've seen some s***

It was for my 7 year old girl. No lids = mess in truck. And Im not so sure an insingo can make small holes like that, or smaller. Or better yet, try putting a hole in a leather belt that looks factory with an insingo. Someone prove me wrong. I really want an insingo, but in my mind, it would struggle doing these type task.

The Insingo can cut a hole in a plastic bottle........trust me.

Try this.........flip your Sebenza over in your hand so the belly faces up. Now you have an Insingo, sort of. It will still pierce easily.

Of course it will cut a hole in a plastic bottle. It just won't do it as well as the regular 21. In fact, I submit that the Insingo can do NOTHING better than the regular 21, except that it may have a SLIGHT advantage with food prep.

Point me to another thread, take a picture or argue otherwise. I think I'm right. But I want one (because I think they look sweet!) so bad that I need to be convinced. It just seems like everyday I'm running into situations where I think to myself, "I wonder if the Insingo would have done as good of a job as the regular 21.

Has anyone ever switches BACK to the regular from the Insingo?

And for the record, the plastic was excellent.

Yes, I switched back to the regular from the insigno. There are edc tasks for me that the 21 does that the insigno didn't do so well, but nothing the insigno does that the 21 didn't. The final straw was Xmas morning I had to free some toys from plastic zip ties and the obtuse point of the insigno couldn't get into the tight loops of the plastic ties so I needed to go grab a lesser, but pointier knife to free the toys.

At the time my budget didn't allow for both, so the insigno was replaced with a 21... which has since been replaced with a carbon fiber 21 that is simply awesome!

I submit that the Insingo can do NOTHING better than the regular 21, except that it may have a SLIGHT advantage with food prep.

Only one way to find out :)

I'll know myself when my Large Insigno rolls in in the next couple months. I just wanted to give it a go and it does indeed look very cool. I have a hard time seeing anything replacing my 21's though. They've kicked all my other knives out of my pocket. We shall see.

Of course it will cut a hole in a plastic bottle. It just won't do it as well as the regular 21. In fact, I submit that the Insingo can do NOTHING better than the regular 21, except that it may have a SLIGHT advantage with food prep.

Point me to another thread, take a picture or argue otherwise. I think I'm right. But I want one (because I think they look sweet!) so bad that I need to be convinced. It just seems like everyday I'm running into situations where I think to myself, "I wonder if the Insingo would have done as good of a job as the regular 21.

Has anyone ever switches BACK to the regular from the Insingo?

And for the record, the plastic was excellent.

So the straw was for YOU!

Haha

Things wrong with the pictures provided.

1- plastic bits
2- kids drinking diet?
3- passenger side? Or worse the back seat since there might be a kid and one would assume not the driver.

Obviously doesn't exist the perfect blade shape for everything. In some tasks standard Sebenza is better and in some others Insingo is better.
You just have to do your compromises.

Regards
Dimitris

Hey, just thought i'd chime in. I do this for my kids too, but I bore through the cap with the awl on my SAK. it makes a perfect straw-sized hole and you can do this when it's not ON the bottle thus avoiding plastic bits in the fluid.

Back