Windlass Steelcrafts

oops... didn't realize i was necroing... sorry folks. I did a search for some info on a Qama, and this one popped up so i chimed in

Not all Windlass products are wallhangers; keep in mind that Cold Steel's European sword line is all manufactured by Windlass.

I have red that their quality is very mixed. Reading reviews before buying is a must. The company is in India yes I have red. They are good for beginners when it comes to sword buying. The prices are fair. I have the shamshir. :) The sword seems fine but the scabbard I donno if I'm doing wrong or it's built wrong but it's very hard to put the sword in or out. You have to push it hard so the leather inside leaves marks on the blade.

Btw there is evidence that the blade of the Cold Steel shamshir is made by windlass. :p

Windlass has high consistency of quality per model but not all models are of equal quality. Their very best ones are pretty decent for production swords, while their worst are just plain awful. But if a model has been identified as a good one, you can bet that nearly any one of that model will be good as well. And if you ever get a lemon they'll happily exchange it for ya'.

Back