**WINNER** 2014 Year End GAW

This is my current favorite edc. Fox flipper by Eric Ochs. My dad won it in a lottery and let me buy it and even helped out with the cost. Action is great and Eric is a super cool guy. Honored to own one of his knives. Hopefully the photo upload works. I will take #511

Help with image....

15613421332_85920107ea_k.jpg

I will take #747.

My favorite knife will always be the one I just made. (I really do love everything I make) But if i had to pick a production, It would be my ZT 0550 which has a custom scale on it from a great guy on here, BellaBlades, and has seen a lot of pocket time and always reminds me of a really great BFC member.

Will post a pic later.

I'd like number 259 if it's still available, and thanks for this opportunity.

My favorite knife to this point would be this yellow bone and damascus steel hunter I made for a friend of mine at work spine. It's nothing special really, especially when compared to some of the works of art I see on here every day, just a drop point blade I got from a fellow I met at a local gunshow that I reshaped a bit, then reprofiled the edge on and added some modified vine filework to along with a pair of yellow cowbone scales and red fiber liners along with some big brass pins. I just like the way it turned out, and more importantly I guess, so did he.

yellowbone with filework.jpg

Well enough of that for now, thanks once again for the chance to possibly win a new favorite knife Ryan.

Awesome knives everyone!! ctool I am good friends with Eric Ochs, awesome knife maker and even better person!! I will do my best to get the number chart updated this weekend... Here is an update on the knife, HT is done (There is a beautiful Hamon under that gunk) Temper cycles are complete - Getting close

Awesome knives everyone!! ctool I am good friends with Eric Ochs, awesome knife maker and even better person!! I will do my best to get the number chart updated this weekend... Here is an update on the knife, HT is done (There is a beautiful Hamon under that gunk) Temper cycles are complete - Getting close

I love Eric's work. Just wish it was easier to get on his books. Knife is looking sweet.👌. We talked with Eric for like 30 minutes at g6. Super cool guy!

Great to see this thread getting some more posts! end of year is coming quickly... I have the Loriendesign blade rough ground, sorry for the crappy photo! Next is Clay and Heat Treat.

Looking good.:thumbup: My favorite knife has changed since last time posting for sure.:D Favorite knife at the moment is Becker BK9 or BM 275.

I pick # 525

My favorite knife was made by my grandfather... I believe it was the first knife he ever made...he later became a knife maker in his retirement and taught me. He was a hack...but made very high functioning knives out of old sawmill blades and either deer antler or desert ironwood handles mostly... I was his shop gopher as a small child. My greatest childhood memories were designing knives and making it from scratch with him by my side telling me what to do and not to do. It is because of him that I love knives so very much...they are so much more than tools to me and most people will never understand just how much work goes into it. His first knife he made out of his WWII navy issue knife, reshaping the blade, all of the handle material came from parts he scavenged from a downed Japanese plane (he was a Pearl Harbor survivor) and he inserted photos of himself and my grandmother in the pommel.
imagejpg2_zpsdfcd2ed7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

imagejpg3_zps2dbef6ca.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Thanks for the chance! I would like to have # 026 if it's available. As for favorite, I will have to go with collector item (as in a knife I know I won't use, plenty good users now and too difficult to pick one as I keep rotating them). Not my shot and I don't own one, but somewhere down the road I might, not in a hurry. There is a definite thrill in the chase, after all ;) Al Mar leather stacked MACV-SOG

macv_zpscad40dae.jpg

Although I did score this limited edition Aitor Eduardo Trigo de Yarto, it was love at first sight and will be relegated to a wall mounting, current favorite

IMG_20141027_193041_zpssjxnhkoq.jpg

Thanks again!

This is still going and coming down to the wire!! I will have some updates (Photos) of the GAW Knife the end of this week... Keep the posts coming and dont miss out on the chance to get a free knife!

This is still going and coming down to the wire!! I will have some updates (Photos) of the GAW Knife the end of this week... Keep the posts coming and dont miss out on the chance to get a free knife!
Is the post with the available numbers up to date? I'd like to enter.

Thank you for the opportunity. I'll pick #999 if that is available(didn't see it called yet).
Favorite knife: Esee Izula Damascus
aaicUhB.jpg

Is 519 still available? If so, I'd like it. This is an awesome giveaway, thanks for doing this for us!

My favorite knife is a little blacksmith knife hand forged by Csizmar Szilard (Hellize here on BF) of Transylvania. The knife is crazy sharp and is very easy to grip. It is beautiful, unique, simple and very handy. k2.jpg

Last edited:
Great Knives!! Decent range of style, size and cost.... goes to show there are a lot of reasons people love their knives!

Up late last night and got the Lorien BF GAW knife finish ground, Hand Sanded, Logo's Etched and Polished the Hamon! Getting excited.

** If you haven't picked a number do it now for a chance to win!!

Ryan ill take number #113 if it is available.

My favorite knife that I own is my "Green Goblin" made by Trollsky

1617565_209463722588347_975828153_o.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My favorite that I want to own is a High Uinta :)

Posted my number in my signature. #975 for my second number please thanks Ryan for the chance. Fingers crossed👍

Favorite knife is my custom puukko from Tapio Syrjälä in Finland. It's a totally handmade piece from an awesome young maker:

IMG_3575.jpg

Back