1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

WINNER SELECTED ---- Next leghog GAW: WHAT-A-GAW

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by leghog, Feb 18, 2017.

1. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    Camillus WHAT-A-KNIFE. These were supposedly made for the QVC shopping network who hawked the What-A-Saw. Believe this knife may have been built post-Camillus closing as the "TM" is not on the scale, but who knows? I truly don't know one way or the other. It's a cool knife regardless.

New. Unsharpened. Uncarried.

Open to any/all Traditionals Forum participants. Matters not where on the planet you are so long as you have a mailing address.

Just post a pic of the favorite traditional knife you have never carried or you no longer carry and may never again carry.

Again, if you win this knife, I only ask that if you should later decide to get rid of it, that you do not sell it or trade it but that you, in turn, give it away.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  2. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I'm in and thank you for the chance. I'll be back with a picture.
    [​IMG]
    I should carry this more than I do. Been quite a while.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  3. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    Nice gaw.

4. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I have quite a few of the #53 Cubans that I collect which have never been carried, and this is undoubtedly the favorite. Thanks for the chance!

[​IMG]

5. mike Berkovitch

mike Berkovitch

Nov 15, 2007
    Tis look an interesting GAW knife, I'll give it a try

I carry all my knives, but this one less than the others as it is close to perfect for me

[​IMG]

Mike

6. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2016
    Haven't gotten to carry this fine specimen. A vintage??? Rough Rider Trapper!
    [​IMG]

7. WA Martin

WA Martin

Jan 23, 2007
    I'm in. My knife I don't carry; my grandpa's tuxedo knife.

[​IMG]

8. frankster

frankster

Jun 28, 2015
    Purchased new and never used. I was impressed by the one handed blade cut.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

9. abbydaddy

abbydaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2014
    You're still going Leghog!? Well as long as you are on this giving kick I am going to keep entering.

I don't really keep many knives that I don't use, especially in the traditionals. If I were to actually share a picture of a traditional that I really liked, but don't use it would have to be one that I had given away. Since I want it to be one that I actually still own, my Sodbuster Jr. is as close as it gets for me. The only reason that I don't carry it anymore is because my wife decided that she liked it, and I am not about to abscond with her favorite knife. So now it doesn't get carried by me.

20160215_150456.jpg

10. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I have always thought those were very cool knives. Please count me in :)

This is a knife I had for a very long time, and was a 'Precious' to me, an Original Frost's of Mora knife with a laminated blade (takes a wicked edge). I gifted it to my friend Duane Sitflyer several years ago :thumbup:

[​IMG]

11. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp That's right, it's genuine Velveeta... Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    [​IMG]

Grandpa's Old Timer. It was in my pocket at my wedding and will be again at my children's graduations and weddings, other than that it won't be carried.

I misplaced it once and after finding it decided it meant just as much to me in my safe as it did in my pocket. No sense risking it.

12. PNWJimbo

PNWJimbo

Sep 29, 2015
    I am IN. Huge fan of caplifter patterns. Thanks for the chance sir.

I have 0 knives that I have "never carried", but this one is quite special and has only seen a couple of days inside the pocket. And 1 snowy photoshoot :p

[​IMG]

13. NJBillK

NJBillK Custom Leather and Fixed Blade modifications.

Mar 27, 2014
    There is only One traditional knife that I own that I won't carry. Oddly enough, it is The Knife that brought me here and rekindled my interest in knives.

It has led a mystery filled life, and I can only let you folks know what I know about it.
    It was about two months after Super storm Sandy hit NJ and there was Plenty of demo and reconstruction work available with money to be made.
    As I was pulling apart the remains of a deck, I saw something buried in the dirt, mud and sand. It was an older (70s-80s) single spring trapper(?) pattern with a clip main and a spey secondary, heavily patina'd brass(?) bolsters and an unknown scale material (possibly delrin).

I was curious about this knife and chased leads until I found this place and I settled in. Still don't know who made it, and it doesn't matter.
    I will never part with it, and as far as I am concerned it it the least expensive but one of the most irreplaceable knives I have.
    Prior to this post, I have never shown it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the chance.
    Good luck folks!

14. abbydaddy

abbydaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2014
    That is really cool. And an great story.

15. NJBillK

NJBillK Custom Leather and Fixed Blade modifications.

Mar 27, 2014
    Thanks, I don't tell the story often. I think this is the third time I have done so, and the storm was in 2012.

It took me a little bit of time to get around to digging, and once I did, I kept going. Once I figured out that I kept heading back to this fount of knowledge, I lurked for a bit and as the saying goes; it has been all downhill from there. :D

16. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    I'm in, thanks for the opportunity to win a knife I've never seen before. Very cool story. One of the first Case knives I ever had, I got it at an estate sale/auction for a few $. I carried it for many years but the oddity of the piece and lack of real info on it convinced me not to carry it as much but I do still throw it in my pocket on occasion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the other hand this Forest Master has never been carried and I won't be the first.

[​IMG]

Thanks again and good luck everyone.

17. edbeau

edbeau

Jan 20, 2006
    I'm in. This is my Buck 303 that I carried in the Air Force. Carry larger knives now.

[​IMG]

18. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Not an entry, since I won an earlier leghog GAW in this series. :)
    But this is another generous GAW involving a very desirable knife! :thumbup:
    I think the first time I ever saw a What-a-Knife was in an April Fool's prank that r8shell perpetrated; I fell for it hook, line, and sinker! :eek:
    Cool story, NJBill; thanks for showing off that "sentimental" knife. :cool:
    Good luck to all the entrants! :D
    Although I'm not in for this cool knife, I'll "play" anyway. Here's a knife I never carry because I'm a little afraid of it opening in my pocket. But I keep it on my desk at the office where it gets assigned various office tasks occasionally. It was my first "foreign" knife, a gift higonokami (thanks, Dan).
    [​IMG]

- GT

19. Hale Storm

Hale Storm Kydex Whisperer Gold Member

Sep 18, 2013
    I'm in and OMG, a cap lifter too. One of my all time favorite additions to a traditional. Here's one I never carry. My cousin bought this new some time in the 1970's. We've narrowed it down to almost 40 years old based on when he remembers buying it. He traded me for decent modern lock back and I swear I got the better end of that deal.

U.S. made Imperial Fish Knife

Would love to have this one in the GAW and may start looking for one if I don't win. 3rd from the right. Yellow of course. [​IMG][/IMG]

20. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    Last call. Found this on page 3. Interest has waned.