Winter camping with the junglas

Discussion in 'ESEE KNIVES' started by Heath2, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Heath2

Heath2

Nov 22, 2009
    So I went out winter camping a few weeks back, the week we had that winter storm, ended up in Georgia. Just figured I'd post a couple of the junglas pics from the trip. I ended up batoning almost all the firewood with the junglas, man I love this knife. Threw a Hest pic in there too.

This was about a third of the wood that was split. Seemed like a good time for a pic.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mlrs

mlrs

Dec 27, 2006
    Nice pics. Lookslike you are putting the Junglas to work for you.

mlrs

3. Anglewood

Anglewood

Jan 7, 2007
    Great Pics :thumbup: Wow, that Junglas makes the HEST look puny.

-Connor

4. Sfalj

Sfalj

Feb 12, 2011
    Wow, how was your arm after all that? I'm assuming you were wearing gloves for the vibrations.

5. Volnut

Volnut

Feb 11, 2011
    What is this Junglas you speak of? I thought it was only mythical, much like a unicorn.

6. SteelJunky

SteelJunky

Jun 6, 2010
    Looks like a LOT of chopping. Bet the hands were a little tingly after that...

You guys are all really killing me with all these Junglas posts lately.
    I've been trying to hold out for the LazerStrike, but damn, I'm lovin' that Junglas.
    About the only thing holding me back right now is that they're harder to find at the moment...

SJ

7. Dizwolf

Dizwolf

Aug 25, 2009
    Well, junglas are hard to find, but Laserstrikes are impossible...so....

[youtube]NfusclUjJYA[/youtube]

8. Heath2

Heath2

Nov 22, 2009
    Yeah my arms were well worked but no gloves I kind of melted them in the fire before hand.too close to the fire, Oops. It definitely found a permanent place in my go to gear. I didn't take a pic of the blade afterward but after all that work it was still surprisingly sharp and no dings or nicks in the blade, it took a beating for sure. I had only had it for a week or so before the trip so it didn't see much use before this.

9. R.A.T.

R.A.T. Randall's Adventure & Training

Feb 4, 2004
    Another one of those baton threads. I think everyone here is turning gay. :D

Glad the Junglas held up well.

[​IMG]

10. mlrs

mlrs

Dec 27, 2006

:eek: WOW!

mlrs

11. Heath2

Heath2

Nov 22, 2009
    The batoning wasn't planned, I broke hummus axe the first day out. Chopping wood in the dark with a unfamiliar axe. Stupid combination. Oops.

12. Dizwolf

Dizwolf

Aug 25, 2009
    Is that a chick on the right on pointe? I -hope- thats a chick on the right on pointe.

And my batoning was planned. :) I had the axe in the background on purpose....shocked no one brought that bit up yet.

13. Smokinape

Smokinape

Jan 21, 2011
    You burned that much wood in one night?

14. Dizwolf

Dizwolf

Aug 25, 2009
    burns fast when you split it all into kindling :)

15. Heath2

Heath2

Nov 22, 2009
    Ha, we were out for four days, that was about a day and a half worth of wood and we kept the fire going all day long too. It snowed the first say and rained the second so everything was thoroughly soaked. Nothing wanted to burn unless it was turned into toothpicks.

16. Dizwolf

Dizwolf

Aug 25, 2009
    Been there. I both love and hate the rain.

17. R.A.T.

Feb 4, 2004
    I know that scenario really well ;)

18. Smokinape

Smokinape

Jan 21, 2011
    So why chop it all at night with a knife? Maybe I miss read...

19. Dizwolf

Dizwolf

Aug 25, 2009
    Some days when you want fire, you gotta chop it yourself. I tried to call my cordwood guy and get him to deliver to GPS cords. Hell, at $75 a face dumped, It's worth a try right? yea.... he apparently doesn't do airlifts.

20. R.A.T.

Feb 4, 2004
    I usually just pack in my kerosene heater and 30 gallons of kero.